This past Saturday, the men’s and women’s track and field teams competed at the 2014 University Athletic Association (UAA) Indoor Championship, which was hosted by Brandeis University (Mass.)

The Emory women finished in second place, earning a total of 103.5 points, while the men finished in third, earning a total of 70 points.

For the women, junior Debora Adjibaba won both the 55-meter dash, with a time of 7.16 seconds and the 200-meter dash, earning the highest points amongst the women’s team, achieving a conference-meet record.

Additional wins for the women, included senior Morgan Monroe, who won the 55-meter hurdles with a time of 8.24 seconds and junior Electra Korn, who won the 400-meter dash with a time of 57.21 seconds.

It was the third-fastest mark in school history. Both Monroe and Korn claimed all-UAA honors.

Overall, the Emory women won four events.

Wins for the Emory men included the team consisting of sophomore Maxwell Hoberman, sophomore Adam Rabushka, junior Zachary Rosenberg and junior Gui Silva, which won the 4×400-meter relay with a time of 3:22.86.

Additional high scorers included senior Samuel Jean-Baptiste, who finished second in the 55-meter dash, with a time of 6.62 seconds.

Hoberman led the way for the men, as he won all-UAA honors in the 200-meter dash, scoring third-place, with a time of 23.05 seconds.

Overall, the Emory men concluded the meet with a total of seven all-UAA honors.

– By Catalina Marchant de Abreu