the Editorial Board

Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas

Editorial Board Chair

Ben Thomas (he/him) (23C) is from Dayton, Ohio, and studies comparative literature and political science. Following stints as a managing editor, an opinion editor and a staff writer, he currently chairs the Wheel’s editorial board. He also serves as an Interdisciplinary Exploration and Scholarship (IDEAS) Fellow, the chief justice of SGA’s Constitutional Council, a Center for Law and Social Sciences undergraduate research fellow, the managing editor of the Emory Undergraduate Research Journal and a member of Emory’s running club. So far, he’s interned for the Carter Center, Emory’s English department, a congressional campaign and the California state government. In his free time, he enjoys cross-country running, playing bass trombone, experimenting with new oatmeal recipes and watching The West Wing.

Contact Thomas at [email protected].

Demetrios Mammas

Demetrios Mammas

Editorial Board Editor

Demetrios Mammas (he/him) (23C) is from Atlanta, Georgia, majoring in political science and psychology. When he’s not writing op-eds and reviews for the Wheel, he can be found helping out student legislators as chief of staff in College Council, working out with Emory Crew or volunteering at Emory’s nearby Wesley Woods Senior Living facility. In his free time, he enjoys playing video games, learning languages, being a Netflix fanatic, going kayaking and practicing guitar.

Contact Mammas at [email protected]

Rachel Broun

Rachel Broun

Editorial Board Member

Rachel Broun (she/her) (23C) is from Carrboro, North Carolina, majoring in anthropology and women’s, gender and sexuality studies. She writes for the Editorial Board. Outside of the Wheel, Broun often finds herself doing crafts, working for Theater Emory and watching “The Real Housewives” series.

Contact Broun at [email protected]

Chaya Tong

Chaya Tong

Editorial Board Member

Dani Parra del Riego Valencia

Dani Parra del Riego Valencia

Dani Parra del Riego Valencia (she/they) (25C) is a half-Colombian, half-Peruvian Miami native majoring in international studies and strategy and management consulting. Outside of the Wheel, they are the first-year representative for Young Democrats of Emory as well as a member of the Model United Nations Travel Team. In their free time, Parra del Riego Valencia enjoys practicing Yoga and trying new foods.

Contact Parra del Riego Valencia at [email protected].

Jake Busch

Editorial Board Member

Sara Perez

Sara Perez

Editorial Board Member

Sara Perez (24C) is from Managua, Nicaragua, possibly majoring in political science and mathematics. Outside of the Wheel, she is involved in 4 Justice and Emory’s debate team. You can also catch her drinking insane amounts of coffee and rewatching the same shows for the nth time. 

Contact Perez at [email protected]

Kyle Chan-Shue

Kyle Chan-Shue

Editorial Board Member

Kyle Chan-Shue (he/him) (24C) is from Harlem, New York, majoring in economics and psychology. Outside of the Emory Wheel, Kyle is an undergraduate macroeconomic researcher. In his free time, he enjoys car rides and listening to Rod Wave.

Contact Chan-Shue at [email protected].

Leah Woldai

Leah Woldai

Editorial Board Member

Leah Woldai (she/her) (23C) is from Lawrenceville, Georgia, majoring in history and English. Outside of the Editorial Board, Woldai is a staff writer for Emory Black Star* Magazine and a historian for Emory’s African Student Association. In her free time, she enjoys writing short stories, painting and visiting art museums.

Contact Woldai at [email protected]