the Editorial Board

Leah Woldai

Leah Woldai

Leah Woldai (23C) is from Lawrenceville, Georgia, majoring in history and English. Outside of the Editorial Board, Woldai is a staff writer for Emory Black Star* Magazine and a historian for Emory’s African Student Association. In her free time, she enjoys writing short stories, painting and visiting art museums.

Contact Woldai at [email protected]

Brammhi Balarajan

Brammhi Balarajan

Opinion Editor

Brammhi Balarajan (23C) is from Las Vegas, majoring in political science and English and creative writing. She is a member of the Editorial Board and her column, Brammhi’s Ballot, focuses on national politics. Outside of the Wheel, she’s involved with Emory SaRaas and Matriculate.

Contact Balarajan at [email protected]

Ben Thomas

Ben Thomas

Opinion Editor

Ben Thomas (23C) is from Dayton, Ohio, majoring in political science and English. In addition to the Wheel, he is an Interdisciplinary Exploration and Scholarship Fellow, a Center for Law and Social Sciences undergraduate fellow and an associate justice on Constitutional Council. In his free time, he enjoys cross-country running, playing bass trombone and experimenting with new oatmeal recipes.

Contact Thomas at [email protected].

Sahar Al-Gazzali

Sahar Al-Gazzali

Sahar Al-Gazzali (23C) is from Laurel, Maryland, double majoring in international studies and Middle Eastern and South Asian studies. In addition to  the Wheel, she is the co-managing editor of the Emory Journal of Asian and a government documents analyzer for the Robert W. Woodruff Library. In her free time, she enjoys hiking, baking gluten-free desserts and watching international films.

Contact Al-Gazzali at [email protected]

Viviana Barreto

Viviana Barreto

Viviana Barreto (22C) is from Covington, Georgia, majoring in sociology. Her hobbies include drawing, writing and yoga. In her free time, she writes for the Wheel’s Editorial Board. Barreto plans to become a sociologist.

Contact Barreto at [email protected]

Rachel Broun

Rachel Broun

Rachel Broun (23C) is from Carrboro, North Carolina, majoring in anthropology and women’s, gender and sexuality studies. She writes for the Editorial Board. Outside of the Wheel, Broun often finds herself doing crafts, working for Theater Emory and watching “The Real Housewives” series.

Contact Broun at [email protected]

Sara Khan

Sara Khan

Sara Khan (23C) is from Fairfax, Virginia, majoring in neuroscience and behavioral biology and minoring in English. In her free time, she enjoys reading, binge-watching Netflix shows, playing tennis and sleeping.

Contact Khan at [email protected].

Jake Busch

Jake Busch

Jake Busch (22C) is from Brookhaven, Georgia, majoring in history and English and creative writing. Outside of the Editorial Board, Busch enjoys playing basketball, reading and debating politics, and trying different kinds of ice cream. He plans to become a civil rights attorney.

Contact Busch at [email protected].

Lynnea Zhang

Lynnea Zhang

Lynnea Zhang (23C) is from Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, majoring in economics and neuroscience and behavioral biology. Beyond the Editorial Board, Zhang loves cooking, eating instant ramen and, as a member of the Barkley Forum, arguing. She is considering consulting as a career, but as long as she gets her two cups of coffee in the morning, the future is limitless!

Contact Zhang at [email protected] 

Demetrios Mammas

Demetrios Mammas

Demetrios Mammas (23C) is from Atlanta, and is majoring in political science and psychology. He can be found improving ResLife as a member of the Residence Hall Association or volunteering at the nearby Veterans Hospital and Emory’s Wesley Woods Senior Living facility. In his free time, he enjoys playing video games, learning languages, kayaking and practicing the guitar.

Contact Mammas at [email protected]

Sara Perez

Sara Perez

Sara Perez (24C) is from Managua, Nicaragua, possibly majoring in political science and mathematics. Outside of the Wheel, she is involved in 4 Justice and Emory’s debate team. You can also catch her drinking insane amounts of coffee and rewatching the same shows for the nth time. 

Contact Perez at [email protected]

Meredith McKelvey

Meredith McKelvey

Meredith McKelvey (19Ox, 21C) is from Nairobi, Kenya. Before moving to the U.S., McKelvey worked as a yoga teacher for underprivileged children in Nairobi’s slums. She plans on becoming a war correspondent after graduation.

Contact McKelvey at [email protected]