There are thousands of people in the Emory community who will never get a mention in the Wheel. We see each other all over campus: at the DCT, the WoodPec, on the quad or at Kaldi’s Coffee. Everyone has a story to tell — it’s just a matter of finding it. We invited our writers to “spin the wheel” using a random generator system to get the name of a person from the Emory community. Writers took their profile subjects to Kaldi’s, where some of the best conversations and friendships at Emory begin, to learn the interesting anecdotes, crazy experiences and unexpected facts about the community members they met. Click the coffee cup below to randomly generate a story and meet someone at Kaldi’s!

Click for a story

Profile Menu

Shayne Goldstein finds her voice in music

Story by Jessie Satovsky, Photo by Yashonandan Kakrania

When Goldstein found out that she had a vocal cyst, she was scared she might lose not only her ability to do one of her favorite things but also a big part of her identity.

Chemistry major, English minor never stops learning

Story and Photo by Jordyn Libow

As both a chemistry major and an English minor, Kolisetti finds the complementary aspects in seemingly-opposite things.

Emory, Georgia Tech student makes the best of many worlds

Story and photo by Emma Kingwell

Paulson studies neural activity involved in learning and memory and how it fails in disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease. The powerful information processing ability of the brain fascinates her.

Crystal Anderson finds roots through genealogy, faith, music

Story by Heather Lu, Photo by Yashonandan Kakrania

Crystal Anderson became interested in genealogy research after a family reunion in 1998, where she read a booklet with different family members’ names and short stories and realized she had family members she did not know about.

Freshman finds value in failure, value in learning

Story and photo by Sydney Song

As someone who had grown up with high expectations from everyone, including themself, Gao said that the weight of failure was heavy.

Web page design by Hayley Powers (Visual Editor), Coding by Wenzhuo “Max” Ma (Web Desk)