A Conservative’s Defense of Billionaires

A recent Emory Wheel op-ed by Brammhi Balarajan (23C) suggested that “Billionaires Should not Exist.” But billionaires can exist, and I believe they are beneficial. The core of Balarajan’s argument lies in taking billionaires’ money through a so-called “wealth tax” to reduce social inequality. The wealth tax, as proposed by some presidential candidates, is both [...]

Read More

Senior Society Creates Community Leaders

As the 50th anniversary of my initiation into the Emory Senior Society approaches, I’m reflecting on my experiences as a student leader and activist during a very eventful time in our nation’s history, a period of rapid cultural and social change, and political conflict, not so different from today.  I count the years I spent [...]

Read More

Letter to the Editor: Emory Must Foster Native American Inclusion

What would it look like for Emory University to align more ethically and transparently with respect to its past and present relationships with the Muscogee Creek Nation and Muscogee Creek people, and with respect to the contemporary realities of Native American people and nations in the United States today?  Why does this matter? And who [...]

Read More

Emory Edge Develops Academic Perspective

A year ago, your editorial team wrote an opinion piece about our pilot ECS 102: The Liberal Arts Edge, a one-credit, co-curricular course designed to help students learn how their liberal arts skills transfer and translate from college to career. Where are we one year later? Ask the 72 students who have taken our course. [...]

Read More