Snow sprinkles the Quadrangle on Jan. 17, 2018./Parth Mody, former Photo Editor

Emory University, including Oxford College, will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 29, due to forecasted inclement weather, according to a Monday email.

National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory for Atlanta from 3 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday. NWS said snow of up to one-and-a-half inches are expected, including some along the Interstate 85 corridor.

“Moisture left on the roadways, especially in sheltered or protected areas will likely refreeze, increasing the potential for black ice development,” according to the advisory.

All Atlanta government offices and Atlanta Public Schools closed for Tuesday, according to the city’s Twitter.

Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) started pre-treating roads in mid-to North Georgia for icy conditions Monday morning, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp said at a press conference. GDOT plans to salt bridges and overpasses in the metro Atlanta area and treat the downtown Atlanta area near the Mercedes Benz Stadium, Kemp said.

Julie Vo (20C) is from Atlanta, GA, majoring in Psychology with a minor in Political Science. Aside from writing and reporting for the Wheel, she is a member of the Pre-Law Society, Vietnamese Student Association, and Atlanta Pediatric Cancer Outreach. In her free time, she loves volunteering, drawing/painting, and going to concerts.