The Emory women’s soccer team ended the regular season on a strong note with a 3-1 win over the University of Rochester (N.Y.) on Nov. 3 at Fauver Stadium in Rochester, N.Y.

With the victory, the Eagles finish the season with a seven-game undefeated streak as well as five consecutive victories. The team closed out with an overall season record of 13-4-1 and a conference record of 4-2-1, good for third place in the University Athletic Association (UAA). The Eagles’ third-place UAA finish is the best by the program since 2013.

Sophomore defender Caroline Moore scored the first goal of the afternoon — and her fifth goal of the year — in the 17th minute. She tapped the ball into the right post off a cross from senior forward Sophia Dillon.

The Eagles maintained their lead until halftime. Senior goalkeeper Dani Staffin made several saves to keep the score even. Her defensive prowess showed in the 54th minute when she made a double save, keeping out a penalty and the rebound. However, the Yellowjackets found an equalizer a minute later as Rochester senior forward Kerri Eden scored from inside the box.

The Eagles opened the floodgates within the last quarter of the match. Freshman midfielder Lindsey Breskow scored off a deflection from a cross by junior forward Shivani Beall in the 68th minute. Sophomore midfielder Samantha Hilsee finished off the Yellowjackets in the 83rd minute with a header from sophomore midfielder Lily Dresner’s free kick.

The Emory defense also impressed, not allowing another shot on target during the last 28 minutes.

The Eagles heard new good news Nov. 5 as they earned a bid to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2014. This will be the Eagles’ 17th overall appearance and ninth under Head Coach Sue Patberg.

“We were nervous going in,” Staffin said. “There aren’t a lot of people on the selection committee from the South, so we were a little bit unsure heading in [if we’d get into the tournament]. Good to see we made [the tournament].”

The Eagles will face Penn State Berks in the first round of the NCAA tournament at 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 10 in Lynchburg, Va.

“We haven’t played this team before,” Staffin said of Penn State Berks. “However, we’ll have a couple of solid practices, so we should be ready.”