– On Sept. 4 at 4:20 p.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding an individual walking around campus with an Emory patio umbrella. The umbrella was from a dining table outside Cox Hall. When officers confronted the individual, he said that he was using the umbrella around campus so he would not get wet. The officer on the scene made the individual return the umbrella to the table, and the individual was allowed to leave the area.

– On Sept. 4 at 10:44 p.m., EPD responded to a complaint regarding the smell of marijuana at Harris Hall. Officers found the smell coming from the third floor, but they were unable to find the exact location of the marijuana. The officers notified the Campus Life professional on call of the situation.

– On Sept. 5 at 1:56 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding an underage individual under the influence of alcohol at Beta Theta Pi fraternity. When officers arrived, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) were already on the scene. From what officers could determine, the individual arrived at the house at 12:30 a.m. and appeared to be ill when she arrived. According to a fraternity member officers spoke to, the individual was okay when she arrived but began to “fade.” The individual was taken to Emory University Hospital for treatment and Campus Life was notified.

– On Sept. 5 at 2:25 a.m., EPD responded to a noise complaint at Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity. When officers arrived on the scene, members of the fraternity were cooperative and they lowered the music and moved inside.

– On Sept. 5 at midnight, EPD responded to a call regarding four students in Lullwater Park after the park closed. Officers explained to the individuals that the park closes after dark. They were concerned that the students were under the influence of marijuana. The individuals left the park and officers reported the incident to Campus Life. ​

Compiled by Crime Beat Writer Brandon Fuhr