All existing stoves and cooking machines perform the same task – they prepare food. However, the induction stove technology operates in a fundamentally different way.

Instead of heating the stove’s surface and everything around it, such technology uses the electromagnetic induction principle to heat cookware directly. Therefore, induction stoves do not heat up, have high energy efficiency, and are safe to use. 

According to the Home Alliance repair company, if you don’t maintain your induction stove surfaces properly, the otherwise reliable device will show signs of malfunctioning. The latter may include instances when your oven keeps turning off, doesn’t cook the food properly, or shows other functional failures.

5 Induction Stove Cleaning Rules to Extend its Lifespan 

Following these simple cleaning guidelines will ensure that your stove stays fully operational for a very long time.

Use a scraper or special sponge to clean

If you are already familiar with an induction stove and use it frequently to cook food, you probably know that it has a very smooth surface. This means that you need to use a soft sponge or a special induction stove scraper that will not harm the shiny surface of your stove.

Clean the stove immediately after use

Whether you’ve cooked something oily or liquid on your stove, you’d better clean it immediately while it is still hot (from the cookware).

This will help prevent dirt accumulation and cooking with nasty leftovers. Moreover, you should not linger on the increased temperature of the induction cooker’s surface, as this may damage it.

Use special cleaning products

To remove food residue from induction stoves, many people carelessly use hardened water or vinegar. However, the best option is to use special cleaning products to avoid scratching and wearing out the surface of the stove:

1. Spray the surface of the stove with a cleaner and wipe it away.
  2. Use a glass and ceramic cleaner.
  3. Polish the stove.

Such products usually contain special ingredients that help clean your stove quickly and effectively.

Do not use abrasives

To clean your induction stove, never use abrasives or sponges made of hard wool. Such materials can damage the surface of the device and harm its functionality. If you want to maintain the good health of your induction cooking companion, always use only special products and sponges to clean it.

Wipe your stove with a dry cloth

After you have cleaned your stove with a damp sponge and special cleaner, wipe it with a dry cloth. This will help avoid leaving moisture or unnecessary stains that will eventually result in corrosion and damage to the cooking surface.

Conclusion

Induction technology is very safe when utilizing a magnetic field generator to emit electric current and transform its energy directly into cookware.

This is opposed to the conventional stove technology (electric and gas), where the whole cooking surface becomes heated, making it less energy-efficient and more dangerous for people around.

By observing only a few simple guidelines and using the right products, you can avoid unnecessary headaches and significantly prolong the life of your induction stove. Make them a part of your kitchen routine, and your stove will faithfully serve you for a very long time.