Abigail Dubinski (25B) won the Student Government Association (SGA) presidential election, defeating her opponents Jayden Davis (25B) and Unique “Jaytrice” Mackey (22Ox, 25C), according to election results released by the Elections Board this evening.

In total, 1,860 votes were cast in the SGA presidential election, a 43.85% increase from last year. Dubinski, who currently serves as SGA’s vice president, received 1,059 (56.93%) votes while Davis received 561 (30.16%) votes. Mackey garnered 65 (3.49%). In total, 175 (9.4%) students voted “no confidence.”

Dubinski plans to improve transportation services, peer advocate support and academic resources for both Emory College of Arts and Sciences and Oxford College students. She also hopes to make the student experience more engaging and fulfilling by expanding and updating campus spaces and increasing collaboration with off-campus organizations.

Pranay Mamileti (25B), who ran alongside Dubinski for SGA vice president, received 1,407 (75.64%) votes to win the race. Mamileti, who is currently SGA’s co-vice president of well-being, ran unopposed. In total, 453 students voted “no confidence.”

Mamileti hopes to create a more inclusive environment on campus and make existing Emory University resources more accessible. He aims to uplift student voices and help foster relationships between students and campus partners.

Dubinski and Mamileti’s main focus of their campaign was on building bridges between students, resources and administration.

Abigail Dubinski (25B) and Pranay Mamileti (25B) were elected as SGA’s next president and vice president on March 1. Courtesy of Abigail Dubinski and Pranay Mamileti

Jannat Khan (25C) ran unopposed for College Council president and earned 928 (70.83%) votes to win the seat. In total, 1,310 votes were cast in the presidential election, a 51.62% increase from last year. A total of 382 (29.16%) students voted “no confidence.”

Khan, who currently serves as College Council’s co-chief-of-staff, campaigned with her “A3: Access, Advance, Advocate” proposal. Khan plans to implement many policies that increase accessibility for students with disabilities while also creating a more inclusive College Council chapter that is easier to join.

In an email to The Emory Wheel, Khan wrote that she is “incredibly excited” to be elected College Council president.

“As I roll up my sleeves to make the A3 campaign a reality, I thank the student body for taking part in the elections and placing their trust in my abilities,” Khan wrote. “I look forward to introducing the ways in which the 69th CC is going to share its platform with more students, invite collaboration, and help foster a better sense of belonging for all students at Emory.”

Finn Johnston (25C), who currently serves as College Council’s other chief of staff alongside Khan, ran unopposed for College Council vice president. He garnered 922 (70.38%) of the 1,310 votes cast, with 388 (29.61%) votes cast for “no confidence.”

Johnston, who also wrote the constitution for the Belonging and Community Council (BCC), plans to create a more efficient and accountable College Council board by creating more executive branches within the organization. He also hopes to improve College Council’s relationship with clubs on campus by being a receptive and flexible leader.

Aidan Baris (25B) and Agha Haider (25B) will advance to a runoff for the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Council presidential seat after neither candidate received 50% of the votes, according to today’s results from the Elections Board. Baris, an SGA representative on the BBA Council, earned 136 (30.22%) votes, while Haider, a College Council representative on BBA Council, garnered 208 (46.22%) votes. The runoffs will open at noon on March 4 and close at noon on March 5.

In total, 450 votes were cast in the BBA Council presidential election, a 30.8% increase from last year. Students cast 106 votes of “no confidence.”

Baris campaigned with a three-part plan to build accessibility, bolster transparency and foster community. He has previously advocated for Goizueta Business School students to get involved with the legislative process.

While I am disappointed I did not win today, the election is not over yet and I look forward to doing all I can to get out the BBA vote during the runoff election period!” Baris wrote in an email to the Wheel.

Haider’s “Agha ‘MAKES’ It Happen” campaign targeted five aspects of Emory’s BBA program: mentorship, advising, KEGS, entrepreneurship and spirit. Haider aims to look at issues in Goizueta more holistically, and he is committed to working on other topics like mental health and arts education. 

Kenan Bajraktarevic (25Ox) received 110 (52.38%) votes to win the Oxford SGA (OxSGA) presidential race over Stephanie He (25Ox), who received 76 (36.19%) votes, according to election results released by the OxSGA Elections Board this evening. In total, 210 votes were cast in the election, a 94.4% increase from last year. In total, 24 students voted “no contest.”

Bajraktarevic says he “acknowledges” OxSGA’s internal and external flaws.

This was a great election, and Im glad that our student body was able to independently decide how theyd like to shape Oxford for next year!” Bajraktarevic wrote in an email to the Wheel. “While Oxford is only a two-year experience, I hope that my administration will shape Oxford for the years to come.

In an email to the Wheel, He noted that she is looking forward to where Bajraktarevic will take OxSGA next year.

Kieran Rafferty (25Ox) defeated Chase Wallace (25Ox) in the race for OxSGA executive vice president. In total, 210 votes were cast, a 94.4% increase from last year. Rafferty received 112 (53.33%) votes, while Wallace received 76 (36.19%) votes. A total of 22 (10.47%) votes of “no confidence” were cast.

Rafferty, who is currently OxSGA’s attorney general and previously served as a first year senator, aims to make Oxford “for the students, by the students.” He plans to create a more inclusive environment on campus by fostering a closer relationship between OxSGA and students. Rafferty plans for the OxSGA board to have an open-door policy, and is open to listening to the ideas and concerns of Oxford students. 

Rafferty wrote that he is honored to have been elected OxSGA executive vice president.

I look forward to implementing my initiatives and enhancing accountability within OxSGA so that every student feels like their voice is heard at Oxford College,” Rafferty wrote.

Wallace wrote in an email to the Wheel that he is grateful for the opportunity to run for OxSGA executive vice president.

Kieran is a spectacular pick for executive vice president, and I am confident that he, Kenan, and the elected second-year senators will bring about the change we all are working towards in OxSGA, Wallace wrote.

Update (3/3/24 at 2 a.m.): This article was updated to include comments from Jannat Khan (25C), Aidan Baris (25B) and Kieran Rafferty (25Ox).

Update (3/1/24 at 7 p.m.): This article was updated to include comments from Kenan Bajraktarevic (25Ox), Stephanie He (25Ox) and Chase Wallace (25Ox).

Amelia Dasari (she/her) (26C) is from Sharon, Massachusetts, majoring in neuroscience and behavioral biology on the pre-medical track. Outside of the Wheel, Dasari is involved with undergraduate research, Best Buddies, EUMR, RHA, and rez-life. In her free time she enjoys playing the violin, exploring coffee shops, and reading mysteries (especially Agatha Christie).