Academic writing might be challenging for many students. One needs strong writing and analytical skills, not to mention inspiration to even start. And it is completely normal if you feel a bit dull about completing an essay sometimes.

After all, college paper writing is not the most exciting thing to do. Yet, there are several ways to find inspiration without extensive effort. If you need a little bit of that, follow these simple tips and writing will be a breeze!

1.   Take a Walk

Sometimes, a healthy break is what can boost motivation to continue or start. Walking is going to refresh your energy and give some time to think.

Listen to yourself and think about the factors that restrain you from writing. Maybe the case is in perfectionism, as it can be a reason for procrastination. Remember that there is no such thing as being perfect and it is not the goal of essay writing. Let yourself be imperfect and understand that the first draft will probably be quite bad. It is all a part of the process.

Walking also helps as it changes the scenery and lets the brain explore ideas at the same time. Go to a park or just stroll around the block, do whatever works for you.

2.   Clean Your Space

Cleaning has therapeutic power as you organize things and your thoughts at the same time. It also gives one a fresh feel and motivation to do more. It increases productivity and gives you a feeling of achievement.

Another benefit of the clean workspace is that there will be fewer distractions. This is important to keep the focus on an essay.

3.   Find a New Place to Work

Changing location can also boost your creativity. Maybe it is just the next room or kitchen, or maybe you prefer working outside. There are plenty of places to go – cafes, libraries, or parks. Take your laptop and notebook with you and try to do some writing outside of your comfort zone.

4.   Listen to Music

Music has great power over our emotions and overall mood. And it also helps to reduce stress and anxiety, which makes it quite beneficial. Writer’s block can produce a lot of stress and the more you think about it, the worse it gets.

Try to take your mind off it and listen to the songs you like. Some of them can help you relax, while other tracks are energetic and give you motivation. Find inspiration in it; feel like you can accomplish anything.

5.   Talk to a Friend

Another great way to get a new perspective on your essay is to talk about it. Firstly, it helps to put your ideas in order as you discuss them.

When one needs to present argumentation in the conversation, they will automatically try to find the best arguments. Besides, you can get a second opinion, a new perspective on the issue. Maybe there is something you’ve missed and your friend can point it out.

And also it makes the subject of the essay more practical. Sometimes, it might seem that academic assignments are purely theoretical and giving them practical value can help.

6.    Read Other Essays

Writing is a form of art. And when artists want to be inspired, they look at the works of other artists. The same applies to the completion of an essay.

Look up great examples of essays online, there are plenty of them. You can also read a scientific magazine or other publications.

Pay attention to the structure, sentence construction, and use of terms. A well-written essay might just inspire you to work.

7.   Work for 15 minutes

If nothing helps, it is time to force inspiration that comes in the process. For many writers, starting the work is what actually brings the motivation along.

Try just to work for just 10 to 15 minutes without interruption. Concentrate only on this task and look at how much you can achieve in such a short period. Maybe, after these 15 minutes, you will want to continue. And the task won’t seem so huge and overwhelming once you’ve already started.

8.   Try Exercising

Physical activity helps to recharge the brain and give you additional energy. There is no need to go anywhere; you can just do a 15 minute-workout at home. Sports will help you release endorphins, bring you more motivation, and make you feel better.

Finishing a workout is an amazing feeling that can be very inspiring. And it is also extremely useful for overall mental and physical health. Studies show that regular exercises influence academic performance beneficially.

In Summary

A lot of times to find motivation and boost creativity, one needs to change focus and try something new. It will recharge the cognitive abilities and help to acquire a new perspective. Try finding a fresh place to write, cleaning the desk, listening to music, or going for a walk. One of these tips will definitely help you to master that essay