Slot machines have been a classic game to play in casinos for decades. Many elements within gameplay make them a popular choice, including the range of slot game variations and franchises, like Blitz Slots.

However, amidst all of this, various myths and misconceptions have emerged surrounding these iconic gaming devices. 

Let’s take a look into some common slot machine myths, so we can separate fact from fiction to provide you with a clearer understanding of these popular games of chance.

Myth 1: Slot machines are programmed to pay out at certain times

One big myth within slot gaming suggests that slot machines are programmed to follow a specific payout schedule, leading players to believe that there are the best times to spin the reels. 

However, the truth is that modern slot machines operate on Random Number Generators (RNGs) that ensure each spin is entirely independent and random. 

Therefore, the timing of payouts is not predetermined, debunking the myth that there are strategic moments to play for better odds.

Myth 2: Hot and cold machines

Another common myth is that slot machines go through stages of being “hot” or “cold”, giving the idea that a machine that hasn’t paid out in a while is due to, or vice versa. 

In reality, each spin is independent of both future and previous ones, as they have no memory of past outcomes. 

Whether a machine has recently paid out or not has no impact on the outcome of the next spin.

Myth 3: Higher denomination odds = better outcomes

Some players believe that playing higher denomination slot machines increases their chances of success. 

Higher denomination slots often have larger potential payouts, however, this doesn’t mean that the odds of winning are necessarily better.

Each spin on a slot machine, regardless of the denomination, is subject to the same RNG algorithms that determine a random outcome.

Myth 4: The “spin” button timing matters

Another misconception is that the timing of pressing the “spin” button influences the outcome of a game. 

However, the outcome is determined the moment the player initiates the spin – no matter what time you spin it, as the RNG algorithm generates the outcome instantaneously.

Myth 5: Casinos manipulate payout percentages

Some people believe that casinos manipulate the payout percentages of slot machines to control the outcomes. 

In regulated and licensed casinos, slot machines are strictly monitored to ensure fair play, so payout percentages are predetermined by gaming authorities – not casino operators. 

Make sure to check that you’re playing at a reputable casino to ensure fair gameplay!

Separating slot machine myths from facts is essential for players to understand their entire slot gaming experience. 

Getting to know that slot machines operate on RNGs, with outcomes entirely independent of previous and future spins, solves these misconceptions. 

By embracing the reality of how they function when you’re spinning the reels, you can ensure that you’re playing these games responsibly and with a better perspective.