As summer comes to a close, both long-time residents and tourists alike are beginning to reflect on the fantastic events of the past few months and are looking forward to a seasonable autumn before winter kicks in. Many are mourning the vibrant festivals and unique outdoor events, but there is so much to look forward to as things begin to cool down. If you are looking for one last hurrah, Plantasia should definitely be on your to-do list, as should the Ravinia Festival, but what is there to look forward to both during and after September?

Autumn in Chicago

One of the most fantastic things about Chicago is that Autumn plays host to some fantastic temperatures, so you’ll just love getting outdoors and enjoying everything the city has to offer. From outdoor spaces to a diverse nightlife that never slows down, let’s take a look at what to expect over the coming months. Why not video your stay and share it too? It’s never been simpler to do just that than with the YouTube video editor on offer from CapCut!

Lincoln Park Zoo

Who doesn’t love a day out at the zoo? Of course, the animals are in residence throughout the year and visitors can stop by and take a ride on the Lionel Trade Adventure, feed and train seals, step into virtual reality with Gorilla Trek, and so much more – but if you visit on weekends throughout October, you’ll also enjoy the yearly fall festival with free autumnal activities including Pumpkin carving, story times, and even musical entertainment.

Lincoln Square Ravenswood Apple Fest

For a taste of autumn and to get involved with local culture, Lincoln Square hosts an annual apple festival that brings together locals and tourists for a fun weekend filled with locally-made apple dishes and ciders, music, and all the fall essentials you could ever need from local vendors. This will be the perfect time to take some videos – and with the video stabilizer, you won’t even have to concentrate too much on the end result, as CapCut will take care of everything for you.

Candle-lit concerts, pumpkin patches, and corn mazes

All around Chicago, stunning candle-lit concerts take place throughout fall and whether you fancy a classical ode to your favorite celebrity or a more traditional take on Halloween vibes, there’s something for everyone on offer. A host of pumpkin patches and corn mazes also crop up, where visitors can take the kids and enjoy activities, crafts, carving, and everything in between.

Experience fall’s natural colors

While a walk on the beautiful streets of Chicago will offer all the beauty of fall, there are a host of special events that truly celebrate the unique changing of the season. Between the Morton Arboretum and the Chicago Botanic Garden, you’ll be able to keep up to date with weekly fall color reports, get involved with events such as the Night of 1,000 Pumpkins, and more.

Should you stop by Chicago this fall?

Of course you should! Aside from the events around the city, Chicago is well-known for its breweries, restaurants, art installations, architectural boat tours, parks, gardens, and anything else you could want; it really is a melting pot of diversity that is a must-see throughout the year.