guaraldiweb
“O Tannenbaum” – Vince Guaraldi Trio, A Charlie Brown Christmas

A smooth, sophisticated take on the classic Christmas song. Pour out a glass of eggnog and let Vince Guaraldi’s silver-tongued piano start your holiday party the right way.

leeveesweb
“How Do You Spell Channukkah?” – The LeeVees, How Do You Spell Channukkah?
Chanukah music hasn’t been adapted to modern music quite as extensively as Christmas music has, but this quirky lament of a perennial problem is a step in the right direction. “When I was in elementary school, a Spanish kid told me that it starts with a silent ‘j.'”

christmaswiththebbweb
“Melikalikimaka” – The Beach Boys, Christmas With the Beach Boys
I often forget that people living in warmer climates still celebrate winter holidays – the season just feels incomplete without cold weather. The golden-voiced Beach Boys take us back to Christmas on the Kona coast.

bing crosbyweb
“Jingle Bells” – Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters, White Christmas
This track really swings, so make sure you’ve cleared a little space before it comes on. Grab your date and burn some leather on the dance floor.

adam sandlerweb
“The Chanukah Song” – Adam Sandler, What The Hell Happened To Me?

“So when you feel like the only kid in town without a Christmas tree, here’s a list of people who are Jewish, just like you and me.”

chicagoweb
“The Christmas Song” – Chicago, What’s It Gonna Be Santa
Chicago brings its signature brassy sound to the holiday season. It might be cold outside but the funky bass on this track is sure to warm things up inside.

“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” – Ella Fitzgerald, Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas / James Taylor, James Taylor at Christmas
In terms of mood, each of these versions is so removed from the other that I had to offer the listener a choice. Ella Fitzgerald will keep the energy going with her honey sweet vocals and a full jazz band. If you’re looking to slow things down, James Taylor’s acoustic guitar will do the trick. Choose wisely (but there’s really no wrong answer).

christmaswiththebbweb
“Auld Lang Syne” – The Beach Boys, Christmas With the Beach Boys
Nostalgia abounds on this track. The group’s parting words add to this traditional New Year song’s sentimentality.