Atlantic Station’s Ice Skating Rink
Even though the South might not get much snow, Atlantans can still enjoy the manufactured “Winter Wonderland” in the city’s popular Atlantic Station shopping district. The 10,000-square-foot outdoor rink is open every night and includes surrounding festive lighting and decorations. And, at only $10 a person with a student ID, Atlantic Station’s ice rink functions as the perfect date activity. Don’t fall!

“The Nutcracker” at the Fox Theatre
The Atlanta Ballet presents this two-hour Christmas story about magical toys come to life, with the beautiful score by Pyotr Tchaikovsky. This enchanting production, running through December in Downtown’s legendary Fox Theatre, will feature the classic toy soldiers, the Mouse King, the Sugar Plum Fairy and, of course, the Nutcracker himself.

Alliance Theatre Presents:
“A Christmas Carol”
One of Atlanta’s finest theatres gives their annual performance of grouchy Ebenezer Scrooge’s supernatural journey. Charles Dickens’ classic holiday tale runs all through December at Midtown’s Alliance Theatre, so grab a chance to see the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future.

The Black Lips’ New Year’s Eve Show
ATL’s favorite garage punks play the Drunken Unicorn to help bring in the new year. These dirty delinquents have gained national acclaim with their lo-fi, energetic tracks like “O Katrina,” and they’re bringing their loud rock back to their hometown. What better way to celebrate the new year than with punk style and sleazy fun?