Philadelphia Eagles (1-3) at New York Giants (0-4)

The Giants will play the Eagles this week in the hope that they can turn their tumultuous season around. The Giants have done everything wrong and have not been able to do anything right. They have scored a combined seven points in the last two weeks while allowing 69 points. Their offense is looking terrible; Eli Manning is not on the same page as his receivers.

In addition, David Wilson isn’t shaping up to be the running back of the future that the Giants thought he was. Even though the Giants are 0-4, the Eagles are not much better. The Eagles won their first game against the Redskins but haven’t won since. Last week, the Eagles defense was absolutely obliterated by Peyton Manning who led the Broncos to a 52-20 win.

However, despite their weary defense, the Eagles offense ranks first in rushing yards per game with nearly 200 yards per game and 11th in passing yards per game with 260 yards per game. This should be an interesting matchup seeing as the Giants have the worst rushing defense in the league, allowing just over 120 yards per game on the ground. Look for LeSean McCoy to have another big game this week and the Giants to fall to 0-5. If the Giants continue to play this bad, who knows. They might get lucky and be able to draft Jadeveon Clowney. Eagles 31 Giants 21

Seattle Seahawks (4-0) at Indianapolis Colts (3-1)

If not for Matt Schaub’s decision to practically lob the ball up to Richard Sherman last week, the Seahawks would have had their first loss. Luckily for them, the Texans nearly handed them the game on a platter. I do not mean to discredit the Seahawks in any way but quite frankly, they should have lost last week. We’ll see what happens this week as they head to Indianapolis to face the Colts who made mince meat of the Jaguars last weekend (who doesn’t make mince meat of the Jaguars, though?).

Despite their week two loss, the Colts are +58 in point differential in the three games that they have won. Like I said last week, the Seahawks usually struggle on the road and do not play nearly as well as they do at home. With all of the options the Colts have on offense, I think the Colts will be the team to hand the Seahawks their first loss of the season in a close game. Seahawks 23 Colts 27

San Diego Chargers (2-2) at Oakland Raiders (1-3)

Philip Rivers is looking more and more like the Philip Rivers from the 2008 season. Rivers is averaging roughly 300 passing yards per game and has thrown for 11 touchdowns and two interceptions.

In addition, the Rivers-Antonio Gates combination looks to have revived itself. Gates looks to have once again become Rivers’ favorite target.

The Raiders seem to be having some troubles at quarterback after Matt Flynn’s disappointing performance last week. Terrelle Pryor had been playing well for Oakland but could be out this weekend again with post-concussion symptoms. Without Pryor, I think the Raiders will have trouble winning this game in which the Chargers are favored by four points. Chargers 34 Raiders 20

Houston Texans (2-2) at San Francisco 49ers (2-2)

The Texans travel to San Francisco in the earlier of the Sunday night match ups. Kaepernick and the ‘niners have stepped up their game after going through a rough skid that included losses to Seattle and Indianapolis. Last week, Frank Gore proved to everyone that although he may be 30 years old, he can still run the ball like a pro-bowler; he ran for 153 yards on 20 carries averaging nearly 7.5 yards per carry.

Despite their loss last week, the Texans did play well. Is it enough to beat the 49ers at home? Patrick Willis will return to the ‘niners defense this week to re-spark a team that has been inconsistent this season. Despite the Texans’ high-powered offense, the 49ers seem to have returned to their normal selves after last week. Texans 27 49ers 34

By Adam Troyetsky