We’re itching for Spring. Maybe because now that spring break is behind us, we complain either that we’re back to school or that our tans are fading. Maybe that we didn’t get enough sun at all, and it’s not warm enough yet.

I think a lot of my complaints are disappearing in the bittersweet end of March of senior year.

If you had asked me five months ago how I felt about graduation, with expletives, I would have expressed the urgency with which I was racing to the proverbial finish line. Now, I walk across the Quad and through hallways and take shortcuts that, as a freshman with a map hidden in my backpack, I never knew were there.

A lot of this semester – other than more books, more tests, more assignments – is some forced reflection for the Class of 2013. What have we learned? Inside the classroom, outside the classroom, sometimes outside the classroom when we really should have been inside in the first place.

Spring semester is a blink, and I know this because I’ve blinked through three years of Spring semesters. It’s only this one I ask to slow down, maybe just a little bit, whispering to the warmth of summer to take its time and bring May slowly. I kind of like it here.