What is the Hub? 

This year, the Emory Wheel is continuing our revival of our magazine, the Hub. We want to bring more longform journalism to Emory’s campus and create pieces that investigate the realties, across sections, of students’ lives. In conjunction with the magazine, we are reaching out to alumni to ask for support in our continued efforts to expand accessibility to the Wheel. We hope to use this fundraiser as an opportunity to connect with alumni and expand our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts that we began in earnest last year. 

How can alumni help? 

In conjunction with the magazine, we are reaching out to alumni to ask for support in our continued efforts to expand accessibility to the Wheel. We hope to use this fundraiser as an opportunity to connect with alumni and expand our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts that we began in earnest last year. Alumni also have the opportunity to receive merch from the Emory Wheel depending on how much they donate. Thank you for your support of the Emory Wheel, we can’t wait to show you our pieces! 

Giving Gifts

$25

A complementary copy of the Hub will be shipped to your address

$50

A tote bag with the Wheel logo and a copy of The Hub will be shipped to you

$100

A copy of the Hub and inclusion as a named supporter of the Wheel in the magazine

How to Donate

If you are interested in donating to The Hub, Venmo or PayPal are the best places to donate. If there is another way you would like to donate, please reach out to [email protected] and she will provide more information.

FAQs

What are we doing with the money?

We hope to expand our own accountability efforts at the Wheel as well. We want to decrease financial barriers to being an editor by offering more low-income editor stipends. We also want to expand our coverage in Atlanta and send writers to more diverse events throughout the city, instead of localizing our coverage exclusively to Emory’s campus. Further, we hope to use the funds to increase networking opportunities and continue the legacy of successful alumni. 

Is my donation tax deductible? 

Yes, it is! 

Stay up to date with the latest  news.

Join Our Newsletter

The Wheel in your inbox every Sunday.

Follow Us

The Wheel posts daily on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Follow us for the latest news.