Swimming

This past Friday and Saturday, the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams competed at the Midwest Invitational, hosted by the University of Chicago.

The Eagles had a very successful weekend as both teams won first place, with the Emory men earning a total of 459.5 points and the Emory women earning a total of 356 points.

Victories for the men included senior Jack Polisini’s win in the 400-yard individual medley, finishing with a time of 4:07.08, as well as winning the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 1:54.18.

Junior Eric Ruggieri won the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 57.04 seconds, in addition to winning the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:04.91.

Junior Colin Heil claimed a victory in the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 1:53.06. Freshman John Michael Roberts together with senior Jack Edwards won the 50-yard freestyle in addition to the 100-yard backstroke.

The Emory’s women’s victories included sophomore Mikayla Carnley’s 200-yard backstroke with a time of 2:04.07.

Junior Lexi Tutor won the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:22.74. In the 500-yard freestyle, junior Dana Holt won with a time of 5:04.84, as well as winning the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 52.73 seconds. Sophomore Megan Freeman won the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:07.24 and senior Suzanne Lemberg won the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 24.17 seconds.

With their regular season completed, the Eagles are now waiting for a release of the list of the qualifying swimmers that were chosen to compete in the national meet.

– By Catalina Marchant De Abreu