bite2 (1)

By Stephen Fowler
Asst. News Editor

In a combination of traditions and treats, Bite of the World offered students the opportunity to experience 13 different cultures on Tuesday night.

Sponsored by the Student Advisory Board and the Office of International Student Life, Bite of the World aimed to educate students using traditional desserts, games and trivia.

College senior Henry Huang, who tabled with the Taiwanese American Student Association said that Bite of the World is very humbling, to be able to prepare authentic food for people with different cultural backgrounds.

The TASA table offered pineapple cake and trivia about Taiwan, and he said that the event helped let everyone know what a great culture Taiwan has.

College freshman Anshuman Parikh attended the event said that Bite of the World was a great event to learn about a wide variety of cultures.

“Bite of the World was a very tasty event to experience different cultures,” Parikh said. “Seeing all of the different people involved with the different organizations was really cool.”

Parikh added that his favorite station was the apple latkes sponsored by the Phi Sigma Iota Foreign Language and Literature Honor Society.

With games such as Jenga and questions informing students about various aspects of art, music, holidays and other cultural aspects, participants said that Bite of the World provided both a delicious and informative way to share cultural identities from across the world.

Other participating organizations included the Korean Undergraduate Student Association, Emory Latino Student Organization, Nourish International Emory Chapter, Saudi Student Association, Association of Caribbean Educators and Students, Candler International Student Association, Chinese Student Union, Emory Chinese Student Association, Emory Italian Club, African Student Association and EmViet.

– By Stephen Fowler, Assistant News Editor

Stephen Fowler 16C is the political reporter at Georgia Public Broadcasting, the statewide NPR affiliate in Georgia. He graduated from Emory with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and covered the central administration and Greek Life for the Wheel before serving as assistant news editor, Emory Life editor and the Executive Digital Editor from 2015-16.