Racism is a social problem that has been witnessed on multiple levels, including schools and academic institutions. Students, just like most Americans, are subject to racial abuse. This sensitive topic tends to provoke strong emotions, especially among those who have suffered at the hands of this injustice.

Some students decided to narrate their racial abuse experiences in their essays as part of their end of year project. There are a ton of essay on racism examples that could help students voice out the discrimination and cruelty faced at the school level. The writers observe original writing rules when working on such academic papers, eliminating the risk of plagiarism amongst others.

And in doing so, students significantly increase their chances of scoring a high grade at the university. However, it is possible to draw a couple of lessons from such instances. Not only will this serve as a warning to future offenders, but it will create awareness about the subject, possibly reducing occurrences in the future.

Stories about Encountering Racism

Instances of racism at school are not a new subject. In fact, NCB news published an article documenting the horrific cases of discrimination that people of color faced in their pursuit of higher education. For instance, Saama Sane, an African American male, was constantly bullied by his fellow white schoolmates, who repeatedly hurled insults involving the N-word.

In his defense, Mr. Sane would respond with insults only to end up on the floor badly beaten up. Although the school later took action against these individuals, Mr. Sane claimed that the wounds suffered from the experience linger in his mind, years after graduation.

In most cases, the individuals who suffer racial abuse often do nothing to provoke abuse from their fellow school mates. What’s even worse is that institutions have demonstrated an inability to combat such matters effectively, leaving those abused with nowhere to turn to. As a result, these individuals feel lonely and often display signs of depression, anxiety, amongst other psychological disorders.

Take JahAsia Jacob’s case, for instance. As a graduate of Blair Academy, Miss Jacobs said that she never felt as she was part of the Blair Academy as soon as she was accepted into the school. She went on record documenting her fellow white schoolmates’ passive-aggressive nature only weeks into her new school.

For fear of racial abuse, Miss Jacobs was afraid of engaging in school projects and other co-curricular activities. She only did such when she got to college, where she was actively involved in activism and pushed for social justice reforms. However, she felt alone during most of her high school life.

Zaire Dizney Flores, a colored Latina who recently moved to Brooklyn with her children, shared her experience moving her child to a new school in New York. Her son once told her there are only a handful of people of color in their school.

One day, her boy returned home and told his Zaire that he wanted to grow up white after being racially segregated in his school as he couldn’t play with other white kids.

What Do Parents and Teens Learn About Such Instances?

Many valuable lessons can be deduced from such cases. First, racism is a social problem that needs to be addressed in both homes and schools. Teachers are an integral fabric of our society, culture, and history. As a result, they need to confront this matter in the classroom. However, severe educational reforms should be introduced in schools to educate the next generation about the evils of racism.

Movements such as the Black Live Matter play a role in spreading awareness against racial abuse cases. However, parents should also educate their children at home about racism. With that said, no cases of discrimination should be downplayed or overlooked. Stern action should be taken to preserve the safety of our children’s future and mental health.

In Conclusion

Racism is a societal problem that is witnessed at the school level. Students who have suffered this form of cruelty and discrimination have suffered a breach in their mental health, demonstrating signs of depression and anxiety, affecting their ability to conjure meaningful friendships.

With help from human rights activists, it is possible to draw educational reforms that will see racism effectively taught at the school level. However, parents and teachers also play an essential role in the fight against racism in universities and colleges.