Photo by Luke White

Photo by Luke White

The 48th Legislature of the Student Government Association (SGA) passed one bill to fund spring break campus-to-airport shuttles and tabled two others on Monday evening.

College sophomore and SGA Campus Services Chairman Max Zoberman submitted Bill 48sl24 to fund shuttles that would transport students from the Atlanta campus to the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport prior to spring break.

The bill requested $3,000 to fund this year’s campus-to-airport shuttle service that would run every hour, on the hour, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday prior to spring break. Zoberman mentioned that SGA has spent $3,000 to fund the same campus-to-airport shuttle service for previous holidays, such as this past Thanksgiving.

Vice President (VP) for Finance and College senior Patrick O’Leary said the Finance Committee had approved the bill by a 5-2-1 vote. SGA then passed the bill by a unanimous vote.

O’Leary then submitted Bill 48sl23, which would require clubs to provide justification for at least 70 percent of the funds that they request during the club budgeting process, over which the SGA VP of Finance presides. The bill also would require all anticipated events to be included in the club’s submitted budget.

The SGA voted unanimously to table the bill until a later meeting.

Lastly, SGA Student Life Committee Chair and College junior Elyse Lee submitted Bill 48sl21, which would create a VP of International Student Life position.

The establishment of this role would allow for the SGA to better represent the undergraduate student body, of which roughly 20 percent are international, according to the Emory Office of Undergraduate Admission. None of the representatives in SGA are international students.

The SGA voted unanimously to table this bill as well.