In 45 short days, the United States will be called upon to appoint yet another man to lead the world’s greatest superpower. The Democrats put up good old Barack Obama, our tried and failed champion of “Hope and Change.” On the flip side we get Mitt Romney, the charismatic businessman extraordinaire – America’s own loving father of five and grandfather of 16, as dear Ann loves to point out time and time again. Mitt just feels right for so many of us. He has a certain presidential aura that makes us want to trust him. And best of all, it isn’t hard for the average conservative to easily digest the bulk of what he says. The question is… will he be the same Mitt we know and love an hour from now?

Romney’s chronic issue of flip flopping is one of the only issues Democrats and Republicans have been able to agree on in decades, a feat in and of itself. From hot button topics ranging from abortion to wage floors, Reagan to Vietnam, Romney is a different person every time he shows up on T.V. How a man with such blatant multifaceted personas won the GOP nomination is a mystery in itself (then again, maybe it isn’t), but what matters now is what we should do with this shapeshifting man – or men, to put it more accurately.

I speak for us all when I say that the U.S. does not need a liar as its figurehead. America was founded on the virtues of truth, liberty, and equality, not on convenient usage of rhetoric and manipulating media outlets to one’s political advantage. Mitt is faced with a crisis and he knows it – the people have found out that he is a fraud. To make matters worse, Mitt’s now viral comments on the “47 percent” have thrown at least 47 percent of America into a wild frenzy of hurt and anger. In his own words, “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what… These are people who pay no income tax… [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” Ridiculous. Even if these accusations were true, it should be common knowledge that a man seeking presidency, or any position of servant leadership for that matter, should never relegate his constituents, now flush with embarrassment because of financial difficulties that are most probably out of their control.

America does not need a president who insults his fellow man. America is the land of opportunity, greater than all other nations because her people picked themselves up by their bootstraps and won themselves honor, dignity, and respect. In Romney’s America, however, people with bootstraps are needy, dirty, poor. “Victims,” as he likes to call us. If you aren’t born with a silver spoon in your mouth, Mitt Romney will not and does not care about you. If by any chance you are reading this Mitt, mark our words: don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Emory University, let your voices be heard. Think twice before you vote for Mitt Romney(s).

Shawn Choi is a College freshman from Johns Creek, Ga.