Emory’s swimming and diving team competed in their final meet of the regular season this past weekend at the two-day Royal Open at Queens University (N.C.). The meet highlighted 10 NCAA B cut time qualifications by Emory athletes.

Paving the way for the women’s team, which qualified for six of the cut times, were junior Ava Salmi and sophomore Hannah Lally. The athletes competed in the 200 yard backstroke and the 100 yard breaststroke respectively Friday. Salmi placed first with a time of 2:03.79, while Lally placed second at 1:03.89, both B cut times.

The women’s team closed Saturday’s portion of the meet with the final four B cut times, two of which were accomplished by freshmen Mia Morrell and Maria Kyle. Morrell opened Saturday with a qualifying time of 4:29.77 and finished first in the 400 yard IM. Kyle touched down first in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 56.43.

Junior Sia Beasley placed third in the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 56.25 and Lally placed second in the 200 yard breaststroke. She swam 2.18.87 in the prelims, besting her finals time by 0.06 seconds. Both Beasley and Lally earned B cut times with their performances.

The men registered four NCAA B cut times, two of which freshmen Tom Kiangsiri and Evan Brock swam Friday afternoon . Kiangsiri placed fourth in the 100 yard breastroke with a time of 56.37 and Brock placed second at 2:51.64 in the 200 yard butterfly, missing first by 1.78 seconds.

“I know it wasn’t my best time but it was still a really good learning experience,” Brock said. “It helped show me what I need to be working on moving forward.”

Junior John Copses and sophomore Matt Varraveto qualified for two more B cut times Saturday to close the Royal Open. Copses placed second in the 200 yard breaststroke with a time of 2:03.94. Varraveto placed second and bested his finals time in the 400 yard IM with a prelim time of 4:04.12.

While the Royal Open marked the end of the season for Emory’s swim team, some Eagles will be back for the NCAA Division III championships in Houston, Texas, March 15-18.

“I am really excited for what our team is going to be able to accomplish at nationals this year,” Brock said. “The guys have performed remarkably all season and we have a lot of potential going forward.”