The year 2018 was momentous for many reasons, such as Ronda Rousey joining WWE and LeBron heading to the Los Angeles Lakers. However, it was also when hemp and hemp-derived products became legal under the 2018 Farm Bill.  

Now, everyday consumers can access a wide variety of CBD products like tinctures, balms, gummies, and more. As they are still relatively new to the market, you may have some questions about them before you try them for yourself. We’ve answered some of the most frequently asked ones below.

What CBD Products Can You Buy?

Manufacturers have been busy producing a variety of CBD products for consumers to try. Among some of the most well-known are Delta 8 THC gummies, CBD oils, vape oils, capsules, and topicals. Some businesses are also branching out into pet products and energy drinks, with offerings varying state by state.

It’s helpful to understand which products are available so that you can decide which ones appeal the most. Some people prefer the taste, convenience, and versatility of gummies and other edibles, while others like the targeted approach of topicals. There are pros and cons of each, which your preferred supplier can walk you through when the time comes to make your purchase.

Does CBD Show Up On a Drug Test?

When you’re involved in sports at a professional level or your workplace carries out regular testing, you may be wondering if CBD shows up on a drug test. Most drug tests won’t screen for CBD since it doesn’t cause any intoxicating effects. The fact that it’s no longer an illegal substance also means it’s less commonly screened for.

However, if your CBD product of choice contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which it’s allowed to as long as it’s under 0.3%, it may show up on a drug test. If you’re concerned about this, choose THC-free products and purchase them from reputable businesses with lab reports and accurate labeling.

What Are the Benefits of CBD?

Scientific evidence does back up the idea that CBD may provide some benefits, but studies are still in their infancy. It’s also important to note that most reputable CBD suppliers don’t generally talk about CBD product benefits, as they can’t legally make unsubstantiated health claims without reliable scientific evidence.

However, many people have often spoken about their own experiences with CBD products, saying that they felt calmer, more focused, and less anxious. A CBD oral solution known as Epidiolex is also federally approved for two severe and rare forms of epilepsy. 

Is It Legal to Buy CBD Products Online?

Many people ask whether CBD products are legal to buy online because even though CBD is federally legal with 0.3% THC or less, each state has its own Controlled Substances Act. Currently, CBD products are legal to buy and sell online in all 50 states as long as the THC content is 0.3% or below and comes from industrial hemp.

Familiarizing yourself with the world of CBD products isn’t an instant process, but you can quickly learn the basics. Within a short space of time, you’ve learned about some of the most popular products, where they are legal, and whether CBD shows up on drug tests. If you have any other pressing questions or queries, you may be able to ask your chosen CBD product supplier for help and advice.