In the coming months, a variety of new stores, dining options and even a spa will be opening at Emory Point, an apartment complex coupled with shops and restaurants located across the Center for Disease Control on Clifton road. New restaurants include Burgerfi, a gourmet joint that serves specialized wine and beer; Bonefish Grill, an upscale seafood grill; Paradise Biryani Pointe, a restaurant that specializes in Indian, Persian and Middle Eastern cuisines; The General Muir, a New York Jewish deli; La Tagliatella, an Italian restaurant; Marlow’s Tavern, focusing on American cuisine and Tin Lizzy’s, a taqueria and cantina. Two new female clothing stores, LOFT and Francesca’s Collections will be added. These retail stores will be an addition to Lizard Thicket, American Threads, JoS A. Bank Clothiers and CVS.

We at the Wheel are excited for the diversity of dining and shopping options. By including both high-end and low-end restaurants and shops, Emory Point will cater to all budgets. While some retail clothing stores or the tanning salon might not specifically cater to the usual student budget, they do demonstrate a step-in-the-right direction by appealing to various tastes and preferences. This level of diversity will foster the atmosphere and hopefully generate the business that the Emory Village should aspire to. Unfortunately for Village and its respective landlords, the area is, in its current state, repetitive and narrow in its appeal.

Emory Point is necessary insofar as it balances the Village’s limited shopping experience, and we hope that this change will encourage landlords of the Village to step up their game accordingly.

The above staff editorial represents the majority opinion of the Wheel‘s editorial board.