Emory Dining and Food Advisory Committee Emory (FACE) confirmed with the Wheel this week that local Atlanta restaurant Highland Bakery will be replacing Einstein Bros Bagels in the Goizueta Business School. We are pleased to hear about this change, and we want to give two thumbs up to both Emory Dining and FACE who, in the past year, have played major roles in revamping dining options across campus.

The menu of Highland Bakery provides a great assortment of food options – from classic brunch items to healthy lunches, along with a fully stocked pastry bakery. Beyond that, it is great to hear that Emory is bringing in a local bakery rather than another chain restaurant, a homey alternative to the large national chains that tend to set up on and around Emory’s campus. Combined with the addition of DBA Barbeque in Cox Hall this fall, Highland Bakery is another move in the right direction in terms of localizing Emory dining.

Still, it isn’t just the choice of food venue that is appealing. Emory Dining plans on completely changing the space that Highland Bakery will occupy, aiming to give it more of a modern and cozy feel where students will want to gather and relax. Emory needs more places like this, and we are happy to hear of the positive change in the space.

Through focus groups and surveys, Emory Dining and FACE have been working to improve food choices across campus in the past year. We would like to give a shout-out to both David Furhman, senior director of Emory Dining, and FACE members for continuing to make major, positive changes to our campus’ food options, changes that continue to surprise and excite Emory students. It’s not always easy to please a campus with so many different tastes, but it is great to see our university taking students’ food preferences to heart.

The above staff editorial representthe majority opinion of the Wheel‘s editorial board.