Courtesy of Marjory Collins / Wikimedia Commons.

• More than one million protesters throughout Brazil demanded the impeachment of the country’s president, Dilma Rousseff, on Monday. Following a corruption scandal involving Brazil’s state-owned oil company, an attorney general exonerated Rousseff of all charges.
  • Russia lifted a 2010 ban on its shipment of nuclear weapons to Iran, the Kremlin announced on Monday. The decision followed Tehran’s agreement with world powers to curb its nuclear activities in exchange for an end to economic sanctions.
  • Four former contractors from the security firm Blackwater Worldwide received sentences on Monday for a 2007 shooting in Baghdad’s Nisour Square that left 17 people dead. The Washington district court gave one of the contractors a life sentence, while the other three received 30-year sentences.
  • Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton formally announced her candidacy in the Democratic Primary of the 2016 Presidential Election on Sunday. On Monday, Florida Senator Marco Rubio announced that he would join Senators Rand Paul and Ted Cruz in the Republican Primary for the 2016 Presidential Election.
  • After a jury convicted 10 of the 11 former Atlanta Public Schools educators in a trial over a widespread state test cheating conspiracy last week, an Atlanta judge urged the 10 teachers to accept sentencing deals on Monday. The educators face convictions of racketeering for their attempts to inflate students’ standardized test scores.
  • AT&T will bring its new high-speed internet access network, GigaPower, to the Atlanta metropolitan region, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed announced Monday. The internet service, which AT&T first tested in Austin in 2014, provides speeds of up to one gigabyte per second.

— Compiled by News Editor Lydia O’Neal

A College senior studying economics and French, Lydia O’Neal has written for The Morning Call, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Consumer Reports Magazine and USA Today College. She began writing for the News section during her freshman year and began illustrating for the Wheel in the spring of her junior year. Lydia is studying in Paris for the fall 2015 semester.