It’s an exciting time for the gaming industry! The next generation of consoles, the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, are just around the corner. And not only do we finally get the new consoles, but we’re getting some hot new games like Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and much more.

By this point, you’re probably already familiar with the fundamental differences between the two consoles, like specs, price, and launch titles, and have probably already made up your mind about which one you will buy. Well, we’re not here to change your mind. Let’s face it; they are both excellent pieces of kit and a massive upgrade from the PS4 and Xbox One. For the first time, they’re even more powerful than many gaming rigs. In this article, we’re just going to look at some of the latest revelations about the two consoles, so you know what to expect and can maybe get a little excited about your shiny new machine.

The UI of PS5 and Xbox Series X

Microsoft has made some improvements to the Xbox UI, but interestingly, these UI updates will be rolled out to the Xbox One and the Series X, with a few exceptions. The guide has seen the most significant improvement, with Microsoft making it much faster and more accessible to users. In particular, the landing page has received a considered update, now making it much easier for players to navigate between their recent activities.

Generally, the focus has been on cleaning up the UI and making it more user friendly and easier to read. There’s a new notifications inbox to help you keep track of all alerts, invites, and more. The customization options on the Xbox home screen are reasonably extensive, allowing users to create a look they like. Xbox fans will be happy that sharing and capturing has received an overhaul, finally catching up to the easy sharing options available on the PS4. With the new controllers, players can press the share button once to take a screenshot or hold it to record a clip.

The PS5’s UI has been completely overhauled from the PS4 experience and will be rendered in 4K. The control center has received a massive update – Players can now press the PS button on the controller, and it will suspend whatever game you’re playing and bring up the control center without leaving the game. It’s also possible to switch between different achievements or levels within a game, all from the control center. The home screen looks clean but will feel familiar to PS4 users.

Loading Speeds

One of the main selling points of both next-gen consoles compared with their predecessors is the loading speeds. The SSDs allow for rapid load times so you can get straight into the games you love. One surprising revelation is that the Xbox Series S, the cheaper of Microsoft consoles, keeps up with the Series X. Some games will load a little slower, but some games actually load faster on the more affordable console. Put simply, you’re not sacrificing load times by opting for the Series S.

Game Help

Game Help is a PS5 feature that’s exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers. Sony recently revealed that this new feature would give players official in-game tips created by the game developers. The tips come in the form of videos or photos that players can view while playing the game. It’s a neat little feature.

Temperatures

Both the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S have some serious cooling solutions to combat the intense processing going on inside the box. The good news is that the Xbox Series X and S have temperatures well below the Xbox One and PS4/PS4 Pro when playing games. Even at its hottest, the cheaper of the two consoles (Series S) is still cooler than the Xbox One’s average temperature.

Titles

There are some awesome titles coming at launch for both consoles. Some games will be available on both, while others will be exclusive. Here are the major ones you need to be aware of.

• Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (PS5/Xbox Series X/S)
  • Fortnite (PS5/Xbox Series X/S)
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light (PS5/Xbox Series X/S)
  • Madden NFL 21 (PS5/Xbox Series X/S)
  • Marvel’s Avengers (PS5/Xbox Series X/S)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5/PS4)
  • Demon’s Souls (PS5)

These are just some of the games launching with the consoles, and there will be plenty more to come in 2021. If you’re excited about Fortnite but are still working towards your goals on the PS4 or Xbox One, you can get yourself where you want to be with Eldorado.gg. Eldorado offers Fortnite accounts and items at competitive prices.