Emory’s men’s tennis team took on Georgia Gwinnett College on Tuesday afternoon and fell to the visitors 8-1. Georgia Gwinnett entered the match ranked as the No. 1 team in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and with a record of 14-0 on the year.

Freshman Jonathan Jemison accounted for the lone point for the Eagles on the day, topping his opponent from Georgia Gwinnett 2-6, 7-6, 10-8. Senior Rafe Mosetick fell in the No. 1 spot, 7-5, 6-4. Freshman Adrien Bouchet fell 6-1, 6-0 in the No. 3 spot. Junior Josh Goodman in the No. 4 spot (6-1, 6-1), sophomore Andrew Harrington in the No. 5 (6-4, 6-3) and sophomore Alec Josepher (6-1, 6-3) were the other singles players for the Eagles.

On the doubles side, the Eagles dropped all three matches against Georgia Gwinnett. The first match saw sophomore Scott Rubinstein and freshman James Spaulding lose 8-5. The second doubles spot featured Mosetick and Jemison for the Eagles, and they fell by a score of 8-2. The final doubles matchup featured Emory’s sophomore David Omsky and Harrington, who lost 8-5.

After the defeat, Emory’s record now stands at 13-3. They will return to action on Tuesday, April 12 when they take on Oglethorpe University (Ga.).

Special Projects Editor | Jacob Durst is a Goizueta Business School junior from Dallas, Texas double majoring in business and political science. He has been a big sports fan as long as he can remember, and his teams are the Houston Rockets, Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys. He also wants to throw out there that Sports is the best section.