Ink & Elm, a restaurant, tavern and lounge, will come to Emory Village in winter 2013, and will include a variety of dining and alcohol options for students and the local community.

The new location will offer Southern cuisine in its dining room, unique wine and hand-crafted cocktails in its lounge and on-the-go specialty sandwiches and gourmet coffee in its tavern, according to Nick Chaivarlis, the founder of HKN Restaurants, the company opening Ink & Elm.

After choosing to open a location in Emory Village, the owners consciously designed Ink & Elm to satisfy the diverse community of Emory faculty, students and neighborhood residents.

“Our goal is to make everyone feel welcome as soon as they walk through our doors,” Chaivarlis said. “The tavern, lounge and restaurant all offer different environments in order to meet the community’s varied needs.”

In the center lounge, people will be able to gather for drinks at the leather-tufted bar before or after a meal in the dining room. The spacious dining room features comfortable seating. Starting around $25, the price per entrée is slightly more expensive than meals at other Village restaurants.

“Whenever I want to get dinner at a nice restaurant I usually end up driving to Midtown,” College senior Elizabeth Choi said. “I’m excited to try Ink & Elm because it’s right near campus, so I won’t have to make a big trip when I want to treat myself.”

For a less expensive meal, though, the tavern will also offer soups, sandwiches and coffee to enjoy in the cozy booths or on the go. In addition to lunch and dinner, the tavern serves midnight meals and snacks for students studying late, according to the restaurant’s press release.

“I’ve eaten at all of the restaurants in the Village many times, so I’d like having another option,” College sophomore Sean Lannon said. “There’s no place in the Village like it, so I think students will definitely eat there a lot.”

–  By Katherine Cooper