Canadian DJ duo Loud Luxury will open and grammy-nominated rapper Swae Lee will headline the 2022 Homecoming concert, according to Student Programming Council (SPC) President Ria Puri (23B). The concert will take place on Oct. 15 on McDonough Field, with doors opening at 7 p.m.

Previous homecoming performers include Jack Harlow in 2021 and Rico Nasty and Earthgang in 2019. Similar to last year, the 2022 Homecoming concert will “maintain the festival vibe” and provide various foods and activities to students, SPC announced in an email.

Loud Luxury (left) and Swae Lee (right) will perform at the 2022 Homecoming concert. Photos courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Loud Luxury consists of Andrew Fedyk and Joe Depace. Their most popular song is “Body,” which they released in 2017. “Body” reached No. 3 the Canadian Hot 100 and No. 80 U.S. Billboard Hot 100. 

Lee first achieved fame in the hip-hop duo Rae Sremmurd, featuring him and his brother, Slim Jxmmi. The duo is best known for their 2016 song “Black Beatles,” which topped the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and the Billboard Hot Rap Songs chart. 

SR3MM is Rae Sremmurd’s most popular album. The triple album was released in 2018 and features songs like “Guatemala,” “T’d Up” and “Chanel.” It debuted at No. 6 on the U.S. Billboard 200 and reached No. 5 on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. 

As a solo artist, Lee has been featured on numerous songs, including Travis Scott’s “Sicko Mode,” Post Malone’s “Sunflower,” Madonna’s “Crave,” Kane Brown’s “Be Like That,” French Montana’s “Unforgettable,” Wiz Khalifa’s “Hopeless Romantic” and Nicki Minaj’s “Chun Swae.” He also co-wrote “Formation” with Beyonce.

“Sunflower” is his best charting song, reaching No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and the Billboard Hot R&B Songs chart. “Unforgettable” reached No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100, No. 2 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Rap Songs chart.

Editor-in-Chief | Matthew Chupack (he/him, 24C) is from Northbrook, Illinois, majoring in sociology & religion and minoring in community building & social change on a pre-law track. Outside of the Wheel, Chupack serves on the Emory College Honor Council, is vice president of Behind the Glass: Immigration Reflections, Treasurer of Omicron Delta Kappa leadership honor society and an RA in Dobbs Hall. In his free time, he enjoys trying new restaurants around Atlanta, catching up on pop culture news and listening to country music.