Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

R&B singer Keri Hilson (03Ox, 05C) is set to headline the Oct. 20, 2018, alumni Homecoming concert, according to several alumni who confirmed Emory Alumni Association’s announcement to the Wheel.

The singer is known for her hits including platinum single “Pretty Girl Rock,” “Knock You Down” and “Breaking Point.”

The Decatur, Ga., native has also helped write songs, including Mary J. Blige’s “Take Me as I Am,” The Pussycat Dolls’ “Wait a Minute” and Ciara’s “Like a Boy,” according to her agency’s profile. Hilson’s pop and R&B album “In a Perfect World…” debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 in 2009.

She has appeared in music videos for Usher’s “Love in This Club” and Ne-Yo’s “Miss Independent.”

The concert is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. at the Quad, according to the Emory announcement.

Student Programming Council President Abbey Kelly (19B) said Hilson’s selection is “a fabulous opportunity to not only welcome back an Emory alumna, but also host a female headliner, which SPC has not done since Fall 2015.”

Kelly added that there will be a performance on Oct. 19, for which the details will be released in upcoming weeks.

Hilson did not graduate from Emory because she received a record deal during her senior year, according to her Twitter. She was studying theater.

Last year’s alumni Homecoming concert featured Plain White T’s, as well as another concert the night before featuring Post Malone.

CORRECTION (8/23/18 at 12:43 a.m.): Abbey Kelly’s name was improperly spelled in one instance. The article has been updated to correct the spelling.

UPDATE (8/23/18 at 1:16 p.m.): This article has been updated to include that Hilson did not graduate from Emory.

UPDATE (8/22/18 at 10:17 p.m.): This article has been updated with comment from Kelly.

Michelle Lou (19C) is from Irvine, Calif., majoring in political science and minoring in East Asian studies. She previously served as copy chief, news editor and executive editor. She won first place in the 2017 Georgia College Press Association’s Better Newspaper Contest in the category Best News Article Based on Investigative Reporting for her coverage of the Spring 2017 student government elections. Outside the Wheel, she is an undergraduate research fellow at Emory’s Center for Law and Social Science; a member of Phi Eta Sigma, Omicron Delta Kappa and Pi Sigma Alpha; and an avid snorkler. She has interned at USA TODAY's copy desk and HuffPost's breaking news team.