Here’s a breakdown of housing updates for the next year:
- Hopkins Hall, Smith Hall and Thomas Hall — collectively known as The Complex — will accommodate freshmen next year, according to the Residence Life and Housing (ResLife) website.
- Few Hall and Evans Hall, often referred to as “Fevans,” will host sophomores during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Sorority and fraternity members will have the option of living in a Greek-themed area within Evans Hall next year. Still, ResLife will wait to determine how much of the residence hall will be dedicated to Greeks until they determine the demand for such themed space, according to Director of ResLife Operations Mary Romestant. ResLife will meet next week to determine more changes to next year’s housing options, Romestant said.
- McTyeire Hall will be demolished this summer, according to Romestant.
- Clifton Tower, a sophomore residence hall that sits between the Woodruff Residential Center and the Student Health Services building on Clifton Road, will also cease to be an undergraduate housing option, she said. The building’s future plans, Romestant added, will be determined at later ResLife meetings.
- Lastly, Spanish House, a theme house on Peavine Creek Road, received a fresh coat of interior paint and a kitchen renovation. “And it looks awesome,” Romestant said.
— By Lydia O’Neal, Asst. News Editor