The Honor Council found an upperclassman in a humanities course responsible for cheating on an exam. The student was permitted to take the exam later than the rest of the class. During the exam, she was found with pictures of questions from the test taken earlier by the rest of the class. Additionally, the professor changed some questions on the exam and the student apparently used answers from the older version of the exam. In an expedited hearing, the student accepted responsibility and received an F in the course and a two-year mark on her record.

The Honor Council found an upperclassman in a humanities course responsible for plagiarism on an essay. The professor noted areas of concern in the student’s rough draft, explained proper use of sources to the student and referred the student to the Writing Center. However, the student’s final paper still contained plagiarized content. The Council determined that the student did not understand what constituted plagiarism and the role of the Writing Center, which is to help students develop as writers, not to check for plagiarism. In an expedited hearing, the student received a zero on the assignment and a one-year mark on their record and was assigned to complete an educational program.