The Honor Council found a freshman in a humanities class responsible for plagiarism. The student said he altered an image from the internet and thought that it was then considered a new image, so he failed to cite the original source in an assignment. He said the professor did not give clear instructions about citing material in the assignment guidelines. The Honor Council determined that the professor could have provided clearer expectations, but the student ultimately plagiarized the image. The Honor Council recommended a zero on the assignment, a verbal warning and a mandatory Honor Code educational program.

The Honor Council found a freshman responsible for providing false information to a professor in a first-year course. The student asked a peer to sign him in as present on the attendance sheet when he was absent. In the course, students are evaluated on attendance. The student said he did not know this was an Honor Code violation, but the student accepted responsibility for the violation later at an expedited hearing. The Honor Council recommended the standard sanction of an unsatisfactory grade in the course and a two-year mark on his personal performance record.

The Honor Council found a freshman in a science class responsible for plagiarism. The student said she was overwhelmed from a heavy course load and forgot to cite some of the sources she used for an assignment. The Council found that the student demonstrated an understanding of the importance of citing sources in other parts of the assignment. However, more than half of the assignment came from unacknowledged sources. At an expedited hearing, the student accepted responsibility for the violation. The Honor Council recommended the standard sanction of an F in the course and a two-year mark on her personal performance record.