We all remember the days fondly when we could easily turn on our favorite sports team no matter where we were. Wait, you don’t? That’s because even before COVID-19, it was pretty difficult to do unless you were trying to watch the game from where it was being played.

If you were too close, you might not see the game because of a TV blackout. If you were too far, your team was no longer interested unless they played the home competitors.

All COVID-19 did was make us realize how much we missed sports. According to surveys, fans missed sports more than they did going to church. They even considered sports as much, if not more, an essential service than things like bars, restaurants, and shopping malls.

How did COVID-19 change sports? And now that sports are finally starting to return, what is the best way to watch games? Find out everything you need to know below.

Sporting Events Are Going to Be A Little Different

All the major sporting leagues have recognized that getting people to show up to games in person is going to be a challenge. Take the New England Patriots, for example. One of the most popular and successful NFL franchises in history has decided to bar fans from attending games at least through September 2020.

Other major teams have similarly followed suit with either reduced capacity or complete prohibition. And it just makes sense. At least for the next few months, who would want to crowd into a stadium and risk exposure to the coronavirus?

So, this means your best shot of actually seeing your favorite teams play and stay safe while doing it will be watching the game from the comfort of home (or from wherever digital devices can connect you from).

The Best Way to Stream Live Sports

Even if you have an expensive sports package, it can be difficult to see all the games you want to catch. This is doubly true if you’re an NFL fan living in Europe, a Premier League Fan in Asia, or even a Chicago Bulls fan living in Miami.

Fortunately, there is an easy and effective way to unlock regional content from the convenience of your smart TV, computer, or laptop. And that’s using a VPN.

With a VPN (a virtual private network), you can change your virtual location by connecting to remote servers around the world. You can find a Chicago server to watch the Bulls, a UK server to see Manchester United and any local US server for whatever NFL team you want to watch.

How to Use a VPN to Unlock Local Sports

You have a variety of ways to use a VPN to watch local sports. After choosing the right server, you can then use such local streaming options.

Often, you can find live streams through local TV channel websites. Or you can go directly to the league itself or broadcasters like ESPN.

Finally, some sites host their own live streams. These take a little longer to find, but once you connect to the right one for your team, you’ll always know where to go.

Finding the Best VPN to Stream Live Sports

There are a few things you’ll need to focus on to find the right VPN streaming partner. First, you’re going to have to forget about a free VPN. While you can find plenty of decent free streaming opportunities once connected, most free VPNs don’t have the resources to handle live streams. At best, you’ll get low-quality while at worst, you won’t see the game at all with them!

Fortunately, you don’t have to spend too much to find a high-quality VPN. There are many VPN free trial opportunities out there to find the perfect one before committing to a subscription.

When choosing between VPN providers, there are few things you’ll need to pay attention to. The first is the number of servers they have. The larger the number of servers, the more they will be able to distribute the load and guarantee higher performance.

Likewise, the provider should offer a VPN in a wide array of different locations and countries around the world. This is not only a sign of high quality but also the flexibility to catch streams for any corner of the world. With this flexibility, you’ll also be able to use the VPN to unlock other types of streaming platforms like Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and many others.

Finally, make sure they have a mobile app available. You should be able to watch the game on any device!

Bring Sports Back Into Your Life

As the new age of sports dawn upon us, it likely will be a long time before we can all head back to the stadium. In the meantime, start streaming your games like a pro by using a VPN. Don’t miss a second of your favorite team and start using one now!