Dear Doolina,

I slept through my second enrollment time and subsequently only have two classes and a PE class. I need two other classes for my major, but they’ve already filled up, and now I’m totally screwed for next semester. What should I do?

Sincerely,
Sleeping Through Class

Dear Sleeping Through Class,

It’s time you learned how to add/drop/swap like a boss – and how to stop sleeping through important life events (I’m picture a terrifying wedding day for your would-be spouse as we speak). Add/drop/swap is not for the weak of heart. Nay, it requires patience, dedication and immense concentration. Once it opens, stay glued to your computer like glue on a computer. Refresh OPUS every chance you get, and see what happens. If that’s still not working out, ask your professor to overload you into the class. I’d recommend not mentioning that you slept through enrollment though.

If all else fails, you can ask someone who’s enrolling soon to hold a spot for you, but that violates the honor code. But who knows, you might just sleep through your honor code hearing anyway!

Delightfully,

Doolina

Dear Doolina,

My extracurricular activities keep me in the DUC all the time. I find myself there for hours each day, and then have no choice but to eat at Dunkin. 

My diet consists purely of donuts and coffee, and I’m starting to feel it. Recommendations?

Sincerely,

Stuck in the DUC

Dear Stuck in the DUC,

But America runs on Dunkin! And so should you.

Except, well, run away from Dunkin and not towards it and not on a full stomach of donuts. But really, that sounds like a terrible diet, and that’s coming from whatever the opposite of a nutritionist is (a skeleton?!).

This is going to sound like a crazy concept, but try bringing food with you.

You’re going to balk and say “but I don’t have time!” or “I don’t have a car to go grocery shopping!” Newsflash: It takes five seconds to make a sandwich and put an apple into a bag. Second newsflash: Emory shuttles go to Publix every day of the week, and Publix makes the most delicious subs in the whole world. Do it – you’ll thank me later.

Delightfully,

Doolina