Titi Nguyen/Podcast Editor

From basketball to equestrian, club sports at Emory University offers students the opportunity to grow physically and socially. Whether you are looking to improve your skills or make new friends, this guide will help you find the perfect team for you.

Baseball

Are you interested in participating in America’s favorite pastime without the time commitment of a NCAA Division III team? If so, Emory’s Club Baseball team is for you. The club team competes in the National Club Baseball Association (NCBA) Division II level and play club teams from other institutions in the southeast for a chance to play in the NCBA World Series.

Basketball

Emory offers both Men’s and Women’s Club Basketball. They practice regularly and occasionally compete against other university club teams, both locally and around the southeast. Players of all skill levels are welcome.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Whether you are already a black belt or just looking to learn a new combat sport, Emory Club Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is for you. The organization brings formal instruction of the martial art to the student community. 

Crew 

Founded in 1990, Emory Club Crew is one of the largest club sports at the University. The team has earned countless medals, trophies and awards at national regattas.

Cycling and Triathlon

Emory Club Cycling and Triathlon is for any student with an interest in cycling, swimming and running. Once again, prior experience is not required. The team joins in group rides with the greater Atlanta community, while also holding their own rides, runs and swim practices. The team is a member of the USA Triathlon and competes in the USA Triathlon Collegiate Club National Championships.

Equestrian

Emory Club Equestrian competes in the Intercollegiate Horse Shows Association, which includes colleges and universities in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi. The team fosters a fun and supportive environment for riders of any skill level who are interested in competing. 

Fencing

Emory Club Fencing offers an environment where you can make friends and then stab them (safely, of course). They have fencers of all skill and experience levels who can help teach you the sport and give you great exercise in the process. The team practices three times a week, and there are opportunities to compete in intercollegiate tournaments. 

Field Hockey

Emory Club Field Hockey is a co-ed team that practices twice a week and plays games against other colleges on the weekends. The team welcomes players with any level of experience and is always looking for new members.

Gymnastics

Do you find joy in showing off your strength, balance and coordination? Emory Club Gymnastics is open to anyone with an interest in gymnastics. Practice is held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8-10 p.m. at Intown Stars Gymnastics in Decatur. 

Judo

If you want to subdue your opponents by throwing or grappling, Emory Club Judo is for you. They practice on Tuesdays from 8-10 p.m. and on Fridays from 7-9 p.m.

Lacrosse

Emory offers both Men’s and Women’s Club Lacrosse. The teams are a great way to maintain your lacrosse skills while getting involved on campus and meeting new people. Both welcome students of all levels to the game, and it does not matter whether you are an experienced player or have yet to pick up a stick.

Pickleball

Looking to find a more recreational alternative to tennis? Find yourself at Emory Club Pickleball. This organization is dedicated to introducing pickleball to the student community. Members of the club can learn rules, strategies and skills of the growing sport. Students will have the option to improve their gameplay — regardless of skill level — by attending any of the two practices each week for two-hour long sessions.

Roundnet

Emory Club Roundnet aims to spread the gospel of the increasingly popular sport, also known as Spikeball. Whether it is your first or 100th spike, the club will provide a stress-free environment for you to learn new skills or improve your game. There are also opportunities to join the tournament squad and travel for competitions. 

Swimming

Emory Club Swimming allows members to practice their swimming skills, compete at meets against other clubs and form new relationships with their peers. The club welcomes students with any level of skill or experience.

Tennis

Emory Club Tennis is a co-ed organization open to all students interested in playing tennis, regardless of prior experience. You can try out for A-Team for a more competitive time, including matches against other schools, or join B-Team for a more relaxed time.

Weightlifting

Emory Club Weightlifting aims to teach safe, proper form and technique in Olympic weightlifting. The club creates a safe space for those who have any interest in the sport, regardless of body types, fitness level or gender.

Daniel Rosen (he/him) is from Atlanta, Georgia, majoring in film and media. He is part of Emory's improv comedy troupe, Rathskellar. Rosen spends his free time hoping the Atlanta Hawks will finally be good this year, playing tennis and trying to watch every movie.