The University announced Wednesday that it has raised tuition by 3% for students enrolled in all undergraduate divisions for the 2021-2022 academic year. Tuition has also increased by an average of 2-3% for graduate and professional schools, the announcement reads.

Tuition for undergraduates increased from $53,070 to $54,660. When including fees, room and board, students will pay $71,771, an overall increase of 3.4%.

The announcement, which came as a part of Emory’s Weekly Dooley Report, stated that the Board of Trustees approved the decision on Jan. 29 and that the “tuition review process included leaders from across the university.” The Board of Trustees must approve any tuition-related changes.

University President Gregory L. Fenves said in the announcement that the University plans to return all students to campus in fall 2021.

Assistant Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs Laura Diamond was not immediately available to provide comment.

The University did not increase tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year after it reversed its fall semester plans in July 2020 and transitioned nearly all classes online. Undergraduate tuition was set to increase by 4% for the 2020-2021 academic year. Previous increases in graduate and professional school tuitions led to law school students demanding greater transparency in the tuition-setting process.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.