Three Emory University alumni will join Emory’s Board of Trustees, according to a Dec. 18 University press release.

Cindy M. Sanborn, executive vice president and chief operations officer for CSX Transportation, Jim Burns, leader of individual business globally at Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) and Bill Brosius, vice president and chief financial officer of Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, will each serve six-year terms with the Board, according to the release.

The Board of Trustees “governs the university by establishing policy and exercising fiduciary responsibility for the long-term well-being of the institution,” according to Emory’s Office of the Secretary.

Brosius is a B-school graduate and oversees financial operations for CHI-Baylor St. Luke’s in Houston, Texas, according to the release. Burns holds a bachelor’s degree from the College and leads individual investing for KKR’s Client and Partner Group in New York; Sanborn also holds a bachelor’s degree from the College and oversees CSX Transportation’s considerable service delivery.

Potential new alumni trustees are nominated by the Emory Alumni Board. The Board of Trustees and the Southeastern Jurisdictional Conference of the United Methodist Church then review those recommendations. Alumni trustees constitute between nine and 11 positions on the 45-member Board.

emily.sullivan@emory.edu | Emily Sullivan (18C) is from Blue Bell, Pa., majoring in international studies and minoring in ethics. She served most recently as news editor. Last summer, she interned with Atlanta Magazine. Emily dances whenever she can and is interested in the relationship between journalism and human rights issues.