Courtesy of Def Jam Recordings

Rapper Desiigner is scheduled to open for Lil Yachty at Dooley’s Ball on April 14 at McDonough Field, according to Student Programming Council President Tamara Ezzat (18B).

Desiigner is best known for his debut single “Panda,” which hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in May 2016 and was the sixth best selling song of 2016 in the U.S. The 20-year-old artist is signed to rapper Kanye West’s record label “GOOD Music” and the two have collaborated several times, most notably on  the track “Pt. 2” from West’s album “The Life of Pablo,” which samples “Panda.”

Desiigner released his first mixtape “New English” in June 2016. In May 2016, he announced his first album will be called “The Life of Desiigner,” although he has not yet announced a release date. The rapper’s follow up single to “Panda,” called “Tiimmy Turner” reached No. 34 on the Billboard Hot 100 in September 2016. His most recent entry to the Billboard charts, “Mic Drop,” was a collaboration remix with DJ Steve Aoki and Korean pop group BTS and peaked at No. 28 in December 2017.

Doors will open to Dooley’s Ball at 8 p.m.

Editor-at-Large | aokluge@emory.edu
Alex Klugerman is a senior from Rockville Maryland in the Goizueta Business School, majoring in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Strategy Management Consulting and Film & Media Management. On the Wheel, he’s previously served as News Editor, Associate Editor and Interim Emory Life Editor. For his coverage of the Migos booking scam, he was selected as a finalist for the Society of Professional Journalist in the Breaking News Reporting category in the 2017 Region 3 Mark of Excellence Awards. He also placed first in the 2017 Georgia College Press Association’s Better Newspaper Contest in the category Best News Article Based on Investigative Reporting. Currently, he is involved in the Wheel’s fundraising and planning efforts to commemorate its 100th Anniversary. Outside of the Wheel, Klugerman has interned with CNN in their Mobile + TV Apps product management division and enjoys cycling and travel.