The men’s and women’s cross country teams continued their impressive seasons with a strong showing on Saturday at the Oberlin College Inter-Regional Rumble. The men’s team finished seventh out of 31 teams, while the women came in 15th in a 34-team field.

Senior Alex Fleischhacker once again led the way for the men, finishing 22nd with an 8K time of 26:01. Following Fleischhacker was senior Eddie Mulder with a season-best 26:15, which earned him 30th place, while junior Tyler Cooke, junior Patrick Crews and freshman Michael McBane rounded out the Eagles’ top five. The team finished behind three fellow University Athletic Association (UAA) competitors, with New York University taking home the title, the University of Rochester clocking in at fourth and Case Western Reserve University in fifth.

Junior Tamara Surtees led the women, finishing in 25th place with a 6K time of 22:28. Senior Emily Caesar followed in 66th place. Also registering points for the Eagles were junior Marissa Gogniat, freshman Michelle Kagei and junior Ashley Stumvoll.

The two squads will next head to Pittsburgh to compete at the UAA Championships on Saturday, Nov. 2.

– By Ryan Smith