– On April 11 at 5:05 p.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding a hit and run on the third level of Peavine Parking Deck. When the victim returned to her car, she noticed that the front bumper and the license had been damaged. The victim’s vehicle was a blue 2006 Honda Accord. The incident has been turned over to an investigator.
– On April 13 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m., a theft occurred at the Woodruff PE Center. A wallet and an iPhone were stolen from a bag on the 3rd floor near the basketball courts where the victim was playing basketball. The iPhone 4 is valued at 400 dollars. The wallet contained $50, a drivers license, an Emory ID and credit cards. The incident has been turned over to an investigator.
– On April 13 at 3:43 a.m., EPD responded to a call from a safe ride shuttle driver regarding a fire on the front patio of Beta Theta Pi fraternity. DeKalb County Fire and Rescue was also on the scene. A plastic trashcan caught on fire and was extinguished. It was determined that the fire was accidental.
– On April 12 at 2:08 p.m., EPD responded to a complaint from an individual regarding a subject who caught a turtle on his fishing pole at Lullwater Park. The subject tried to put the turtle in his bag but the complainant would not let him. Officers met with the subject, and he agreed to release the turtle.
– On April 11 at 6:57 p.m. EPD responded to a call regarding a person trapped in an elevator at Clifton Tower. DeKalb County Fire and Rescue and Facilities management also arrived on the scene. The fire department was able to open the elevator door and free the student.
– By Brandon Fuhr