– On Feb 14 at 2:38 a.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a fire alarm at Alabama Residence Hall. Officers found burnt popcorn in the second floor laundry room. Facilities management also responded to the location and reset the alarm.
– On Feb. 14 between 9:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a theft at O. Wayne Rollins Research Building. A staff member reported that she placed her lunch bag in the refrigerator. When she came back to retrieve her lunch, it was missing. The bag and its contents are valued at $30. The case has been turned over to an investigator.
– On Feb. 14 at 4 p.m., EPD responded to a complaint of reckless driving on Clifton Road. The complainant stated that a vehicle was going in and out of his lane several times. The driver of the blue Subaru appeared to be texting at the time. The complainant said he thought the driver could have been an employee of Emory University Hospital. The case has been turned over to an investigator.
– On Feb. 14 at 1:24 a.m., EPD received a noise complaint from an individual located on Clairmont Campus. The complainant said the noise was coming from an area between Building D and Building B. EPD located the individuals who were members of Zeta Phi Beta sorority. The individuals cooperated with EPD and turned the music down.
– On Feb 16. at 11:39 p.m., EPD responded to a fire alarm at Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity. The alarm went off in the first floor dining room. Facilities management also responded to the location and reset the alarm.
– Compiled by Brandon Fuhr