Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons

• On Jan. 25 at 3:22 p.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a fight with a suspicious individual at the Woodruff Health Sciences Research Building. Staff members in the building noticed items were missing from their desks and attempted to detain the suspicious individual. When officers arrived on the scene, they determined that the individual, Smith, had violated a probation warrant. Smith was charged with criminal trespassing and reckless conduct because he left his children in his car while he was in the building. Officers transported Smith to DeKalb County Jail. In the process of reviewing film footage of the scene, detectives were able to determine that Smith had stolen items from desks at the Health Sciences Research Building. Smith was later charged with burglary.

• On Jan. 26 at 2:38 p.m., EPD arrested an individual after responding to a call regarding a suspicious individual in the vicinity of the Grace Crum Rollins School of Public Health. When the individual – James Wall – was leaving the building, he came in contact with an officer and took off running. Officers were able to locate Wall and arrest him. Wall was arrested for obstruction of justice and was transported to DeKalb County Jail. While Wall was in custody, officers found he was carrying a stolen flash drive.

• On Jan. 27 at 3:53 p.m., EPD arrested an individual for trespassing at the Student Activity and Academic Center (SAAC). While the individual was in the building, someone identified her as someone who had trespassed in the past and called EPD. When officers arrived on the scene, they arrested the individual for violation of a criminal trespass warning and transported the individual to DeKalb County Jail.

• On Jan. 27 at 11:00 p.m., EPD received a call regarding a theft at the SAAC. An individual said his red and white Cannondale bike was stolen from a bike rack in front of the SAAC. The bike is valued at $800. The case is currently under investigation.

• On Jan. 28 at midnight, EPD responded to a call regarding an underage individual under the influence of alcohol at Longstreet-Means Residence Hall. The caller contacted EPD because the intoxicated individual was unconscious. When officers arrived on the scene, the intoxicated individual said that she had been drinking at Maggie’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill. The individual was transported to Emory University Hospital.

— Compiled by Crime Beat Writer Brandon Fuhr

Digital Editor | Brandon Fuhr is a College junior from Briarcliff Manor, New York pursuing a triple major in art history, forensics, and nuclear neuroscience. Jokes. This kid is straight Business School material. When he isn't studying Corporate Finance, you can find him spinning, playing FIFA or at Chic-Fil-a (or all three at once). He is a Digital Editor for the Wheel and works to create digital features and ensures the website is fully functioning. More importantly, he is responsible for ensuring no Wheel editor goes home hungry. Orchestrating meals for a group of 20 college kids is no easy feat, but he strives to never disappoint.