Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons

• On Feb. 19 between 4:20 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding a theft on Haygood Drive. A female individual was driving a male individual in her car, when the male took $50 from her purse and jumped out of the car. Neither of the individuals is associated with the University. Officers responded to the scene and located the male individual but were unable to locate the money. Officers took a statement from the man and told the woman how she could pursue additional charges.

• On Feb. 19 at 9 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a theft at the American Cancer Society Winn-Dixie Hope Lodge. A 2015 Ford truck’s passenger window was shattered, and bags were removed from the backseat. The owner of the truck did not report the theft because he was late for an appointment. There are no suspects at this time, and the case has been turned over to an investigator.

• On Feb. 20 at 10:30 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a student receiving numerous harassing phone calls. The female student receiving the calls said that she knew the caller. EPD contacted Campus Life to provide additional services to the student. The case was turned over to an investigator.

• On Feb. 22 at 12:22 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding an underage individual under the influence of alcohol inside the Woodruff Memorial Building. The caller became concerned when an individual went in the building to use the restroom and didn’t come out for 15 minutes. When officers arrived on the scene, they found the individual passed out in the restroom. Emory Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and an ambulance arrived and transported the individual to Emory University Hospital.

• On Feb. 22 at 4:17 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding an underage individual under the influence of alcohol. A visitor to the University who was visiting his sister in Harris residence hall, tried to enter the wrong room and was continuously knocking on the door to that room. A resident of the building called EPD. Officers and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) arrived and made sure the individual was not in danger. After determining that the individual did not need transport to the hospital, he was reunited with his sister. ​

— Compiled by Crime Beat Writer Brandon Fuhr

Digital Editor | Brandon Fuhr is a College junior from Briarcliff Manor, New York pursuing a triple major in art history, forensics, and nuclear neuroscience. Jokes. This kid is straight Business School material. When he isn't studying Corporate Finance, you can find him spinning, playing FIFA or at Chic-Fil-a (or all three at once). He is a Digital Editor for the Wheel and works to create digital features and ensures the website is fully functioning. More importantly, he is responsible for ensuring no Wheel editor goes home hungry. Orchestrating meals for a group of 20 college kids is no easy feat, but he strives to never disappoint.