Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons

• Between Feb. 7 at 3 a.m. and Feb 12 at 4 p.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding a theft at Hamilton Holmes Residence Hall. A resident left their dorm for a period of time, and when she returned, she realized some consumable food items had been removed. The total value of the goods is $12. The case was turned over to Campus Life because it seems to be a roommate dispute. The victim does not want to pursue any criminal charges.

• On Feb. 13, EPD received a call from an Emory graduate student regarding a suspicious phone call he received. According to the student, he received phone calls from someone posing as an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) employee. The employee said that he owed the IRS money for student loan taxes and that he was in violation of regulations. The caller told the student that if he hung up the phone, he would have criminal charges brought against him. The student transferred $900 to the person posing as an IRS agent. When the agent asked for more money, the student became suspicious and called the police. The case is currently under investigation by the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office.

• On Feb. 13 at 4:45 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a theft at the Starbucks in the Oxford Road Building. An individual was sitting at a table and left her belongings at a table behind her. An unknown individual with orange sneakers reached behind her and took her bag. The individual fled toward the CVS parking lot. A TUMI computer bag, a computer valued at $1,400, credit cards and keys were stolen. The total value is $2,293. There are no suspects at this time. The case has been turned over to an investigator.

• On Feb. 14 at 11:58 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a noise complaint at Building F on Clairmont Campus. According to the complainant, there was loud noise coming from the hallway. Officers arrived on the scene and asked the individuals to be quiet. The Campus Life professional on call was notified.

• On Feb. 15 at 3:20 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding an underage individual under the influence at Raoul Residence Hall. The complainant explained that an 18 year-old visitor to the campus was intoxicated. The individual said that he had consumed eight shots of vodka at Maggie’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill. The individual was transported to Emory University Hospital for treatment. Campus Life was notified.

— Compiled by Crime Beat Writer Brandon Fuhr

Digital Editor | Brandon Fuhr is a College junior from Briarcliff Manor, New York pursuing a triple major in art history, forensics, and nuclear neuroscience. Jokes. This kid is straight Business School material. When he isn't studying Corporate Finance, you can find him spinning, playing FIFA or at Chic-Fil-a (or all three at once). He is a Digital Editor for the Wheel and works to create digital features and ensures the website is fully functioning. More importantly, he is responsible for ensuring no Wheel editor goes home hungry. Orchestrating meals for a group of 20 college kids is no easy feat, but he strives to never disappoint.