Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons

• On Feb. 7 at 12:42 a.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding a noise complaint at 8 Eagle Row. A complainant claimed that residents of Zeta Beta Tau fraternity had speakers on their back patio and were playing loud music. Officers searched the area and didn’t find the source of the noise. Campus Life was notified.

• On Feb. 7 at 2:07 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a fire on the sixteenth floor of Clairmont Tower. A student was cooking noodles on the stovetop and, after three minutes, he began seeing smoke. The student turned off the stove and opened the patio door. EPD arrived on the scene and determined that there was no sign of fire. A night mechanic was called to the scene to reset the alarm.

• On Feb. 7 at 3:04 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a vehicle blocking the exit of the Oxford Road Parking Deck. When officers tried to get the attention of the individual, he didn’t move. When officers were finally able to interact with the individual, they noticed his eyes were bloodshot and performed a field sobriety test. Officers charged the individual for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol and transported him to DeKalb County Jail. The individual was a visitor to the university.

• On Feb. 7 at 3:48 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a suspicious vehicle at the Michael Street Parking Deck. When officers arrived on the scene, they found a male and a female individual in the backseat of a vehicle. The individuals appeared to be having a consensual intimate relationship. Officers believe that the individuals may have been drinking. Officers determined that the individuals were Emory students and transported them to their residence halls.

• On Feb. 7 at 11:14 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding an underage individual under the influence of alcohol at Chi Phi fraternity at 22 Eagle Row. Officers found the individual unconscious in the bathroom. The individual was perhaps a pledge for Gamma Phi Beta sorority. Pledges may have been urged to consume large amounts of vodka at an off campus location. The individual was transported to Emory University Hospital. Campus Life was notified.

• On Feb. 8 at 1:27 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding an underage individual under the influence of alcohol at Evans Hall. When officers arrived on the scene, they met with a Residence Advisor who said that there was an intoxicated individual on the fifth floor. Officers determined that the individual had been drinking vodka earlier in the night. The individual was transported to Emory University Hospital.

— Compiled by Crime Beat Writer Brandon Fuhr

Digital Editor | Brandon Fuhr is a College junior from Briarcliff Manor, New York pursuing a triple major in art history, forensics, and nuclear neuroscience. Jokes. This kid is straight Business School material. When he isn't studying Corporate Finance, you can find him spinning, playing FIFA or at Chic-Fil-a (or all three at once). He is a Digital Editor for the Wheel and works to create digital features and ensures the website is fully functioning. More importantly, he is responsible for ensuring no Wheel editor goes home hungry. Orchestrating meals for a group of 20 college kids is no easy feat, but he strives to never disappoint.