– On Oct. 24 at 1:35 p.m., officers made contact with three juveniles near the Woodruff P.E. Center. Officers became suspicious because it appeared that the individuals should have been in school at that time. The Emory Police Department (EPD) contacted the students’ high school resource officer at that time. The officer advised that EPD release the individuals and said the situation would be dealt with at a later time.

– On Oct. 24 at 6:30 p.m., EPD received a call from a male student who claimed to have misplaced his watch. The student waited five days and checked to see if anybody turned it in before he reported it as a theft. The watch is valued at $1,600.

– On Oct. 24, officers received a report of a student who left her purse at Zaya at Dooley’s Den at the Depot. According to the individual, she left her purse on a table on the “ketchup side of the restaurant.” She left it there for 50 minutes before she realized she had left it. The purse contained a wallet, EmoryCard and Visa credit card. The purse and its contents are valued at $362.

– On Oct. 23 at 10:52 a.m., officers responded to a call from the Burlington parking lot on North Decatur Road. According to the victim, who parked a car at that location, one of the nearby construction sites’ temporary fences was blown onto the car causing damage.

–  On Oct. 11, an Emory student contacted EPD regarding the theft of his bike. The bike was located in front of the McTyeire Residence Hall. The bike was locked with a cable lock. The bike is valued at $400.

– Compiled by News Co-Editor Dustin Slade

Atlanta Hawks Beat Writer |
Dustin is a senior from Miami, FL in the Goizueta Business School studying strategy & management consulting and finance. He joined the Wheel’s editorial board in the spring of his freshman year and spent the next two years helping lead and shape the news team. Outside of the Wheel, Dustin is also a member of Zeta Beta Tau fraternity and an avid South Florida sports fan… even without LeBron James.