- On Nov. 11 at 1:04 p.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding a suspicious individual in the Atwood Chemistry Building. Officers located and questioned the individual. Officers later determined that the individual gave a false name and date of birth. He was identified as someone who had previously trespassed onto Emory property. The individual had warrants out for burglaries and identity fraud. Officers charged the individual with two felony charges and two misdemeanor charges. The individual was transported to DeKalb County Jail.
- On Nov. 12 between 1:09 p.m. and 2:05 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a suspicious individual on the third floor of the Burlington Road Building. The individual asked a faculty member where the choral room was. The faculty member tried to escort the individual to the main office, but the individual left the building.
- On Nov. 12 at midnight, EPD responded to a call regarding a stolen MacBook Air laptop. An individual left her laptop in her car, which was parked in front of Barnes & Noble. The individual said that between 8:45 p.m. and 9:45 p.m., someone smashed the passenger window of her Honda Fit and stole the laptop. Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact EPD at (404) 727-6111.
- On Nov 12. at 11:29 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding the smell of marijuana coming from a room on the second floor of McTyeire Hall. When officers arrived on the scene, they knocked on the door of room where the scent was coming from. An individual opened the door and allowed officers to enter the room. While the officers were in the room, they discovered green leafy substances commonly associated with marijuana on the dresser. Officers confiscated the marijuana and cited the individual with possession of marijuana under an ounce. The individual was given a court date and information regarding the case was turned over to Campus Life.
– Compiled by Crime Beat Writer Brandon Fuhr